23 months

I celebrated my birthday on the 13th and Dylan turned 23 months old on the 14th. With board exams on the horizon, I chose to have an extremely low-key, nothing planned birthday. Joe did make us breakfast and I had a visit from my friends and my family came over for dinner. We will probably figure out a night after I'm done with boards to go out to dinner to really celebrate.
Cards from family and friends and pretty flowers from my mom and Maureen
I shared part of my birthday cupcake from Layne with Dylan. He was trying to eat it without using his hands

At 23 months, Dylan is active and vocal as ever. He repeats EVERYTHING we say and is making great strides with saying sentences. He has a hard time saying "L's" and words that start with "S". Hence, snow is nose and smell is mells- he tends to move the "S" to the end of the word. Joe and I are pretty good though, at understanding what he's trying to say. The other day, however, Dylan was asking for something that sounded like, "pe bot nerry" to me. Joe finally figured it out when Dylan dragged him to the pantry and grabbed the peanut butter. He wanted a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and was saying "peanut butter jelly". He is still very polite, asks please and says thank you unprovoked. He also is very good at saying bless you when we sneeze or says, "cuse me tooted" when he toots.
He's about 29 lbs now. Not sure how tall he is, doesn't usually stand around long enough for me to measure him! He's been wearing 3T shirts lately because the 2T sizes tend to be too short in the sleeves and stomach. He's still pretty tiny around the waist and even some 2T pants are too big still.
Showing off his new sweatshirt that one of my really sweet patients got him!
He's constantly on the go and has become Joe's shadow lately. He wants to play with him all the time, and follows him around the house. I enjoy it because it gives me a chance to study! He loves going out in the garage with daddy too and in the backyard. Though he's not shown too much interest in potty training yet (I've heard that it's more around 2 1/2 that boys do it) he will sit on the potty for about 15 minutes if I bribe him with some candy. I figure why not at least get him used to sitting on it? He has yet to use it though. I don't plan to push it on him, would rather wait until he was motivated to do it himself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dylan turns 11!

Pumpkin Patch

Dylan is 9!