Private
I know I thought I'd never make my blog private, as I like to browse other people's blogs and have learned some interesting parenting tips, gotten good ideas, and have enjoyed seeing other random people's pictures, etc. but in the near future I will be on the hunt for a job and have been advised to make any possible searches that could lead to personal info hidden for the time being. That being said, I will be making this blog private for the next few months until I find a job. I wouldn't want a potential employer to be able to Google search my name and get to see everything about my family and I before we even meet! I will make it public again once I can land a good job, which will hopefully be sooner than later! I will do my best to add everyone who I know follows the blog to the 'ok to view' before I make the blog private, if I miss you, let me know!
I hope I can still read it!
ReplyDeleteNot that it really matters at this point, but there is an option you can choose where your blog won't be displayed through internet searches. We have always had that set up...so if you want to find ours you have to know where to look for it, you can't just type my name into google. If you chose to undo your "private" status in the future, check that out. And I DEFINITELY agree about the employer searching thing...I helped hire our front office girl and I looked most of the serious candidates up on FB :)
ReplyDelete