New Fish
We got our fish tank back in March and of the 4 fish we originally purchased, 2 are still with us. We had one catfish and one tetra that had survived the process of the fish tank initiation. Every time we go grocery shopping, we pass the pet store and Dylan asks if we can go and see the fishies. Knowing that we were able to add to the tank's capacity of fishy habitants, I decided that we could go in and pick out some new ones.
Dylan and I wandered around for at least a half-an-hour before we decided to pick some out, he loves to watch all the fish swim around. We picked out two more tetras, one is a zebra-tail and the other a white-tip. When I asked him what he wanted to name them, he responded, "orange". This is usually what he responds with when you ask him his favorite color. I guess it fits for the one fish that has an orange face. Then when I asked him what he wanted to name the other one, since we had bought a pack of licorice at the store, of course he said, "Licorice". So our two new fish, Orange and Licorice, join Bob the original tetra and the catfish (with no name).
The original two fish weren't very exciting, they didn't swim around much, and usually would hide all day in the sunken ship. Now with their two new friends, they are all very active and constantly on the go! It's so much more interesting to watch them now. And from my careful observations, I noticed that the white fin tetra, Licorice, has only one eye! What a unique bunch we have.
Dylan and I wandered around for at least a half-an-hour before we decided to pick some out, he loves to watch all the fish swim around. We picked out two more tetras, one is a zebra-tail and the other a white-tip. When I asked him what he wanted to name them, he responded, "orange". This is usually what he responds with when you ask him his favorite color. I guess it fits for the one fish that has an orange face. Then when I asked him what he wanted to name the other one, since we had bought a pack of licorice at the store, of course he said, "Licorice". So our two new fish, Orange and Licorice, join Bob the original tetra and the catfish (with no name).
| Click to see full image |
The original two fish weren't very exciting, they didn't swim around much, and usually would hide all day in the sunken ship. Now with their two new friends, they are all very active and constantly on the go! It's so much more interesting to watch them now. And from my careful observations, I noticed that the white fin tetra, Licorice, has only one eye! What a unique bunch we have.
Comments
Post a Comment