Bathroom Makeover

In anticipation of having my high school friends and their families over on Labor Day Weekend, we decided to give our powder room a touch-up (we are slowly making improvements all over the house).  Even though our house was built in 1997, the decor seems to be more from the 80s decade.  Our bathroom had pink tile on the counter top, an antique-looking brass light fixture, crystal globe faucet handle and over-sized mirror.  Since we plan to eventually tile the kitchen floor and counters, we thought we should try a smaller tiling project to see if we (really Joe) are capable.

Old pink tile











Old sink and faucet
Old mirror, light fixture all ready taken out

Joe tore out all the old tile and took down the light fixture and mirror the previous weekend.  We considered replacing the cabinets with a pedestal sink but then found that the hardwood floor doesn't extend under the cabinets so that idea got scrapped.  I didn't really like the finish of the cabinets and since it's not a normal width cabinet, custom cabinets would need to be ordered to replace it.  So we decided to paint them instead.

Tile cut, before set and grouted

Ta-da!

New tile, sink and faucet



Picking out tile was a challenge for me, Joe sent me by myself and I couldn't pick the first time I went, there are so many options to choose from!  And on top of the fact that this would be our first attempt, Joe said to keep it simple.  He did a really good job cutting the tile and I really like how it turned out!  We painted the cabinets and put in a new mirror and light fixture and a new sink and faucet as well.  I'm really pleased with the result!

Comments

  1. How do you cut tile?!?!? I am so impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tegan- Joe did all the tile cutting, not too well at first! And if course after we were done, found an amazing tile cutter at the fair! It will come in handy when we get to re-doing the kitchen though.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dylan turns 11!

Pumpkin Patch

Dylan is 9!