Potty
So I know it's not the most interesting topic in the world, but for a parent, potty training can be a struggle and eventually a wonderful reward to give up diapers. For months now, I've occasionally asked Dylan if he wanted to go on the potty, the answer always being "No". However, at the pool in Sunriver, he had to wear some swim diapers under his swimsuit, they were cloth so he was able to feel when they were wet. Usually, he'd be in the pool and be wet all day, so I assume he would just go in the pool...oops. But on a few days, he preferred running around in the grass instead so his shorts remained dry. One of the days, out of the blue he said, "I have to go potty". My mom and I jumped up and put his shoes on and rushed him to the bathrooms where he went pee! He did the same thing the next day and then later that afternoon back at the house (though it was outside off the back deck...).
Since we've been home, I thought I'd try to see if he would continue the trend. On Sunday, when I changed him out of his pajamas, I put on a pair of his underpants. He managed to go potty in the toilet (he stands up at the big one) at least 4 times and then even made it through his 2-hour nap dry. The next day, he was good for the morning until we had to run some errands and I didn't want to attempt out of the house yet. He was at daycare on Tuesday so he was in diapers but today, he's been in his 'big boy' pants all day and even went a little #2 on the potty!
It's a good start. Most of the time, instead of giving me lots of notice, it's "Uh oh, I pee" and he's already gone a little bit in his underpants, though at least he's learned to recognize it and let me know! Good thing we have quite a few pairs of underpants!!
Since we've been home, I thought I'd try to see if he would continue the trend. On Sunday, when I changed him out of his pajamas, I put on a pair of his underpants. He managed to go potty in the toilet (he stands up at the big one) at least 4 times and then even made it through his 2-hour nap dry. The next day, he was good for the morning until we had to run some errands and I didn't want to attempt out of the house yet. He was at daycare on Tuesday so he was in diapers but today, he's been in his 'big boy' pants all day and even went a little #2 on the potty!
It's a good start. Most of the time, instead of giving me lots of notice, it's "Uh oh, I pee" and he's already gone a little bit in his underpants, though at least he's learned to recognize it and let me know! Good thing we have quite a few pairs of underpants!!

Yay Dylan!! Wilson keeps asking for his undies, but he won't tell me when he needs to go! If I take him every 30 minutes, we're good, but I don't think we're quite there. Hopefully Dylan will keep it up!!
ReplyDelete