Sunriver

Dylan and I made our third trip down to Sunriver, Oregon this year.  Joe wasn't able to join us again, due to work (and I still for some reason can't convince the guy that there's anything fun to do down there....) so Dylan and I bravely attempted the 8-hour drive down all by ourselves on Friday, the 12th. My family (parents, siblings, aunt/uncle/cousins, and Grandparents) had been down there since the 6th so there wasn't anyone to caravan down with this time.  Luckily, I was prepared and packed his DVD player, lots of snacks and his backpack full of toys.   

We didn't make it out of the house until 8am on Friday, which was later that I had hoped but things don't go as planned when having to pack for myself and Dylan the morning of (I had procrastinated in packing...).  Around 10:30, he became restless and we stopped at a McDonald's in Kelso with a huge playplace so he could burn off some energy.  Around Gresham, Or, we stopped for gas and some snacks at Safeway.  No less than 5 minutes later, he was out for a 2-hour nap.  When he woke up, it was time for a potty stop and then an hour later, we were in Bend, Or, which is just north of Sunriver.  We had to stop to get some groceries.  With Sunriver only about 15-20 mins away from Bend, we were so close...until traffic came to a standstill and it was an hour and 20 mins later before we reached our destination, come to find out later there was an accident that backed up the highway...but we made it!!

Sunriver is always so much fun for me, and now for Dylan too!  He LOVED the pool, is such a water boy!  He got very comfortable in the big pool, once he had a lifejacket on.  He even went down the large waterslide on my Dad's lap!  We went for bike rides out to the stables and river, he waded in the hot tub, played games, and he generally kept us all entertained.

We came home Thursday, the 18th.  Since everyone else came home that day too, I could have caravan-ed but since the trip down went to well, and I was anxious to get home, Dylan and I made the trip home alone too.  We did well again, and I'm proud that we now have two 8+hr trips under our belts together.  Glad I have such an easy rider!















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dylan turns 11!

Pumpkin Patch

Dylan is 9!