2 years, 5 months

Thought I'd do an  update on the little monster in our household.  Today is his month birthday (is there such a thing?), where he's now 2 years and 5 months old.

As for the potty training challenge, he's doing GREAT!  Well, for the most part...he hasn't mastered going #2 in the potty yet, he has told me that "he doesn't like it" and the first few weeks while he was wearing underpants, I got disgusted having to clean it up so he is now in Pull-Ups instead.  He's a champ when it comes to going pee, he tells us when he needs to go and goes promptly.  He hasn't had an accident since the week we started training him.  I think it might have something to do with the reward....he'll tell us, "I go potty for tootsie roll".

He weighs 31 1/2 pounds, but it varies on a daily basis between that and 30 pounds.  He is now 38" tall.  Still in 2T clothing, but those size pants are starting to get too short, which seems to be a chronic problem.

He is a great talker, but as much as I like that he can talk and communicate so we know what he needs, he doesn't ever STOP talking.  So you can guess, there's not much peace and quiet in our house...

The night before last, he started crying and telling us his ears hurt.  He'd had one ear infection prior so I took him to the doctor and sure enough, he has an ear infection.  Seeing that previous trips to the doctor did not go so pleasantly, we were shocked when he said he wanted to go, he very much doesn't like to go to the doctor for check-ups.  But this time, in the midst of his tears, when I asked him if he wanted to go to the doctor, he said yes.  So I knew he was hurting...poor guy.  Once we were there, he did a 180 and was so pleasant!  I think his Ibuprofen had kicked in, and he was chatting up the nurse, telling her which ear hurt, and how much it hurt and then helped the doctor listen to his heart!  He's on antibiotics now and doing much better.  I just hope that future doctor's visits go the same!

As for his daily activities, he has been asking to go to school and ride the bus.  I know at daycare he walks with the kids to the school bus and must miss not having all the kids there all day.  I try to help him understand that he's not big enough yet, but he puts his backpack on and asks me to take him to school!  Maybe next year he'll go to preschool.
Just lounging in my underpants

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dylan turns 11!

Pumpkin Patch

Dylan is 9!