Dollar Store Discovery

I have always loved to read.  Every vacation or trip I take, I make sure to have at least 3-4 books with me for travel and for reading by the pool.  Especially during the summer, I read tons of books as I love to sit outside and veg. I even prefer reading a book to watching tv or movies, as I can sit and get lost in a book while Joe watches the TV and we don't have to debate about what we both want to watch.

I used to travel to the library and borrow books until I discovered the book section at our local Dollar Tree.  I never thought to look for books there, as I figured most titles I would find would be autobiographies of unknown politicians, religious books, etc. (if that's what you are looking for, you will find them there too).  However, upon browsing for kids books one time, I came upon a a multitude of novels, keep in mind-not the recent best-sellers or new releases, but dozens of titles that I can pick up and read in a sitting or two to pass the time or relax with.


For just a dollar, I can make sure to have plenty of choices for my reading pleasure and not feel guilty for paying $10+ for a book that I will read once and then sit on my shelf for years to come and then be sold for 25 cents at a garage sale or donated.  As odd as it sounds, I look forward to heading to the dollar store to pick up five or more books every few weeks.  Even though they aren't necessarily recently written, or authored by Pulitzer Prize-winning authors, I have found some popular author's titles such as Lipstick Jungle written by the author who wrote Sex and the City.  And, no, they definitely aren't mind-awakening, book club inspiring books that will make you think and feel smarter....but what girl doesn't like reading a fun, romance novel every once in awhile?

I'm glad I've found a fun yet affordable hobby!


Some of my recent finds

Comments

  1. Thanks for the tip, Gran Bebe! I'm always looking for new books. Duh, the dollar store! LYSICO.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dylan turns 11!

Pumpkin Patch

Dylan is 9!