Dylanisms

He has come up with quite a few favorite sayings.

For awhile he was using 'because' all the time to link two statements, however he wasn't quite getting the concept.  For example, he would say, "You have your jammies on because you went to work today?"  He really liked using it but only recently has he begun to understand how to properly use it.  This morning he said, "You want the fire on because you cold?"  So cute to hear him try out new phrases and awesome when he gets it right after much trial and error.

His favorite exclamation is "Oh shoot!"  Though again, he uses it in not quite the appropriate ways.  For example, it's usually used as, "Oh Shoot! I need to go potty." Or "Oh Shoot! I need to put my shoes on."

He still says, "I miss Ari" at home on a regular basis, and we are very much sick of the saying. Though we came to find out that his repeat phrases at daycare are, "My mommy so pretty" and "My daddy so happy."  Such a funny kid!

Another usual response to any question or statement to him is usually answered with, "Why not?"  I think he thinks it means 'why' though the distinction between why and why not have yet to be realized.  For example, when I tell him to go pick out some clothes, he'll respond, "Why not?"

When it comes to food, he will wander over to the pantry and say, "Hmm, what me want?"  Then he'll list off some of the options he remembers until he finds one he wants.

I really enjoy listening to him talk, especially when he's playing solo and makes all his cars talk to each other.  The dialogue usually goes something like this:
"Hi, what's your name?"
"My name Mater, what's your name?"
"My name Lighming (Lightning), what's your name?"
This will go back and forth for several minutes.  Then the cars start to fight each other and it's "Ow, ow, gotchu!"

Comments

  1. He is growing up so fast. I miss the little guy. I had so much fun with him the last time I was up there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW that is super! He is doing awesome picking things up! It is cute you documented the funny things he said while learning- that is the best part

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dylan turns 11!

Pumpkin Patch

Dylan is 9!