Snow

What a crazy past few days we've had with the weather!  We totally didn't expect the snow to stay around Saturday like it did.  I had a party to go to with Dylan for Maeve's 1st birthday and Joe was also attending a birthday party for a friend's daughter.  Seeing that my function was out in Snohomish, I didn't really think much of it until I got out there, the snow was sticking like crazy!  It was a little stressful thinking about having to drive back home.  I made it safely with one brief scare when my brakes locked and I slid a bit before being able to stop.  So thankful for AWD!

Once we got home that evening, it was getting dark but Dylan went outside to help Joe shovel the driveway and walkway for a bit.  I had slipped while carrying Dylan up Maureen's driveway and had a sore back so I stayed inside.

I was stoked to get out and play in the snow Sunday but was hit with a massive migraine headache and had to spend most of the day trying to sleep it off.  Joe and Dylan headed out for awhile and enjoyed the snow.

Today I was still fighting a headache and another migraine started to come on but I was determined to make it outside and play in the snow!  Luckily, I think my positive thoughts worked because my headache simmered down enough to where I felt good enough to play.  We spent some time building a snowman, Dylan made some snow angels and then I pulled him in the sled and he went down the neighbor's hill a few times.  It was the perfect temperature, not too cold, and the snow is the perfect type for compacting into a good snowball.  When I measured yesterday mid-day, we had almost 6 inches but that was already after it had warmed up a bit and some melted.  
Tree in our yard, looked pretty all covered in snow

Cracking up when Joe would toss the shoveled snow at him

Hard to see but the snow goes right up to the 6" mark

Struggling to push the snowman

Making a snow angel

He named him Dylan Snowman

Sledding

Dylan actually took this picture of me on my phone!

Comments

  1. WOW!!!! Soooo much snow! I love that you busted out the ruler!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dylan turns 11!

Pumpkin Patch

Dylan is 9!