Tulalip

In my Valentine's post, you may remember that I mentioned my gift from Joe was a weekend at Tulalip Resort and Casino.  We had a fabulous time!  I took Dylan down to my parent's house at 2pm, and then picked up Joe and we headed to Tulalip.  When we arrived, the place was already packed!  I had no idea the casino was THE place to be on a Saturday.  And it wasn't even 4pm yet!  And since it wasn't 4pm yet, our room wasn't ready, I guess I failed to check what time check-in was, it wasn't until 4.  So we dropped our bags at the bell desk and headed to get in the long line to get player's club cards.  It was great to find out that with our club cards we could get 10% off not only our spa appointments but at dinner too!  Worth having to wait in line for 15 minutes!

After that, we tried to see if our room was ready, since it had been 25 minutes since we checked in.  It still wasn't ready and they said to come back in about 10 minutes.  Since the line for the front desk was so long, we just got right back in it and by the time we reached the front again, it had been 10 minutes.  We couldn't believe how busy it was!  Apparently, the hotel was booked solid and one of the women at the front desk said that when it rains, more people head to the casino!  Who would have guessed?

Since we had to check in at the T-Spa for our couples massage around 4:30, we were anxious to get into our room and drop things off, unfortunately, that didn't happen since by then our room still wasn't available.  I blame the late check-in time.  Really, how many hotels have 4pm check-ins?  I think they are usually 3pm with 11am check-out which seems normal.  Check-out wasn't until noon here.  But I would still think that would be enough time to clean all the rooms?  There aren't that many!!!  The whole room check-in situation was my major pet peeve of the visit, I'm still trying to find a way to get my comments to the hotel...

So without our room, we had to head to the Spa.  We filled out some paperwork and then I was able to browse the store for a little bit before we were called back.  I had put a Clarisonic facial cleanser on my birthday list and they had some so I showed it to Joe since that would be his territory.

We were separated to get ready for our massages and then met up again to be taken to the treatment room.  Let me tell you, this spa was amazing!  I have been to a few hotel spas before, but this one takes the cake!  It was HUGE! I think they said it basically takes up the entire second floor of the hotel.  Our massages were great and very relaxing.  And I got another fun surprise when we were paying, Joe bought me the Clarisonic for an early birthday present! When we were done, we were finally able to get into our room.  We had stayed here on our wedding night so we knew what to expect, but it still was a shock at how beautiful and spacious the rooms are! We had 7pm reservations at the Tulalip Bay restaurant so we changed and headed down to the casino floor.

Dinner was the highlight of the trip.  The food was amazing.  I decided to try the 5-course Chef's Special and Joe got "The Winner" (it was really called that) which was surf and turf, Filet Mignon and  Lobster tail.  Since I had five courses to consume, Joe was left to watch me savor my first three courses before his came, but I was nice and shared.  Mine also came with 5 drinks that accompanied each course so I shared those too :-).

Since we don't do 'fine dining' that often, actually never, it was such a treat!  They brought us little crackers with delicious smoked salmon topped with caviar to start.  Then my meals started to come out.  I have to re-cap since they were so amazing:

First course:
Halibut over spinach with corn puffs, Lime Mojito

Second:
Grilled octopus over cous cous and green salad, Gin and Juice

Third:
Stuffed sausage, Blue Moon

Fourth and main course:
Beef Brisket with asparagus and carrots, Whiskey/bitters/Vermouth drink (I didn't like, Joe drank that one)

Fifth, dessert:
Homemade greek yogurt with fresh berries and granola, I don't remember the drink name but it kind of tasted like black licorice to me?  Didn't really like that one either

After dinner, we played slots for a while.  Joe won a little bit but I lost what I started with.  It was so crowded that we didn't stay down there for long.  It was so nice to go back to the room and enjoy some peace and quiet.  Believe me, I love Dylan, and couldn't imagine life without him, but it's sooo nice to just spend some time the two of us.

We ordered room service for breakfast and headed home around 10:30.  Since my parents were taking Dylan to church with them, I was able to go grocery shopping and get some stuff done around the house before I went back to pick him up.  It was a very relaxing and enjoyable weekend.  Joe said next time we'll go further away so it actually feels more like a trip.  I'm totally down for that!!

This was the only picture I took, on our way to our car
as we were leaving...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dylan turns 11!

Pumpkin Patch

Dylan is 9!