Valentine's Day

I love the day of love.  February 14th to be exact.  I remember every year growing up when we'd come downstairs in the morning there would be a card, a magazine (one that was fitting for our ages at the time), a box of chocolates and a box of candy hearts at our seats at the table.  I don't particularly think the day is all that important seeing that expressing love for those we care about should be done more than just one day out of the year...But there's just something about all the red and pink, hearts, candy, flowers, etc. that is so fun.  

Last year I made little goody bags for the kids at Dylan's daycare with a juice box, some animal crackers and some candy.  This year, his daycare provider said they would be making Valentine "mailboxes" and if all the kids could bring Valentines for everyone, it would be fun.  So Dylan and I went to the local Dollar Tree to pick out some goodies.  I included a small bag of pretzels, bag of animal crackers, a box of candy hearts and two chocolates in the bags this year.  We were also lucky to find Batman Valentine's cards at the dollar store and I topped it off by making 'super hero' tootsie pops with each childs initial on the back of their lollipop's cape. 

Treat bag for the daycare kids
Joe asked me what I was wanting for Valentine's Day this year, I responded with "something romantic" not knowing what I should expect. (He's admitted he's emotionally crippled and says I'm so hard to read about what I want).  He actually brought out the big guns and stepped up with a beautiful bouquet of flowers and a sweet card on Tuesday and then we are celebrating just the two of us overnight at Tulalip Resort this weekend with a nice dinner and massages at the spa (and of course some adult beverages and gambling too!).  Dylan will get to have a slumber party over at my parent's house. 

I found some cute little things for Dylan, a Spiderman punching bag, bubbles, a super discounted Cars vehicle (found it at Ross for 50 cents!), a Batman wash cloth, a box of chocolates and some other candy.  Joe's Mom and Pat also sent a little gift box with some fun toys, stickers and candy too.

I got Joe a gift card for a massage, a magazine and some of his favorite candy. 

I also made some Red Velvet cookies from a box of cake mix, have always wanted to try that.  It was very simple and they turned out great. 


Enjoying a Red Velvet cookie

Flowers from Joe

Window decorations

Joe's goodies

Dylan's goodies
Treats from the Oregon Gmas

Comments

  1. Love this post! Hope you have a great weekend at Tulalip, so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow .. you are such a good wife/mommy! I didn't do anything for YB! Be my valentine next year!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dylan turns 11!

Pumpkin Patch

Dylan is 9!