Dylan Update
Once in awhile I like to post Dylan's stats and recent things he's been up to so I have them recorded to look back on. I thought it was about time to do another one!
As we approach his 3rd birthday, (I know, I can't believe it either!) I feel like the baby/toddler milestones are just about over. It feels like there's not much to look forward to these days. Once potty training is fully in the bag (we're just about there, on Friday he announced he needed to go poop in the potty and was successful, hoping he continues) I don't think there's much left. Other than riding his bike fully on his own, what's next, Kindergarden???? Ahh! It kind of makes me sad that all the things that I just took for granted as he was growing from an infant were such fun things to have to look forward to. Now don't get me wrong, there are little things that I cherish when he discovers them on a daily basis like understanding new concepts and learning educational things but they're just not as fun as when he started crawling or took his first step or even when he popped a tooth.
He weighed 34 pounds at a recent doctor's visit and still hovers around 39.5" tall. We've really been hoping for that last half inch of growth so that his options for going on Disneyland rides are more broad. Splash Mountain, Space Mountain and The Big Thunder Mountain Railroad all require their riders to be at least 40" tall, not saying that he'd for sure want to go on them, but if he did, it would be nice for him to be able to!
He's wearing 3T clothes, though as usual, the shirts are getting to be short in the tummy and sleeves. He just got some new shoes as his old ones were too snug, he's in size 8-9 now.
Like I mentioned in a previous post and earlier, we're just about there with having potty training done. He even earned Batman underwear by pooping in the potty 5 times, but still wavers on whether he wants to wear big boy underpants or Pull-Ups on any given day. He's rarely wet his Pull-Up over night but we still keep him in one just in case. I just can't bring myself to chance it and have to clean up wet sheets in the morning.
His speech gives me a good laugh as he can't quite pronounce his "v's" so when he says Dylan Van Alstine, it is pronounced Ban Alstine as are beggie chips (Veggie Chips).
He enjoys daycare especially his friend, Alex, who is 3. The other day the babysitter texted me to say they'd been plotting a sleepover at our house together where they'd have fruit snacks for breakfast and jump on the bunk beds. I don't think I'm quite ready for sleepovers yet!
Batman is still his favorite, though he's expanded his go-to characters and when he's playing with his imaginary friends, Batman hangs out with Joker, Two-Face, Kung Fu Panda, the Power Rangers, Scooby-Doo and friends and Puss in Boots too. The other day I listened as he played with his chicken nuggets and had them talking to each other, one was Batman and the other was Puss in Boots.
He's still my snuggle bug and constantly tells us that he misses us, loves us and asks for kisses and hugs. Our cat, Misty, has taken a shine to him as he loves to find her, make sure she's okay and pet her all the time. She cuddles up to him in his bed when he sleeps too.
As we approach his 3rd birthday, (I know, I can't believe it either!) I feel like the baby/toddler milestones are just about over. It feels like there's not much to look forward to these days. Once potty training is fully in the bag (we're just about there, on Friday he announced he needed to go poop in the potty and was successful, hoping he continues) I don't think there's much left. Other than riding his bike fully on his own, what's next, Kindergarden???? Ahh! It kind of makes me sad that all the things that I just took for granted as he was growing from an infant were such fun things to have to look forward to. Now don't get me wrong, there are little things that I cherish when he discovers them on a daily basis like understanding new concepts and learning educational things but they're just not as fun as when he started crawling or took his first step or even when he popped a tooth.
He weighed 34 pounds at a recent doctor's visit and still hovers around 39.5" tall. We've really been hoping for that last half inch of growth so that his options for going on Disneyland rides are more broad. Splash Mountain, Space Mountain and The Big Thunder Mountain Railroad all require their riders to be at least 40" tall, not saying that he'd for sure want to go on them, but if he did, it would be nice for him to be able to!
He's wearing 3T clothes, though as usual, the shirts are getting to be short in the tummy and sleeves. He just got some new shoes as his old ones were too snug, he's in size 8-9 now.
Like I mentioned in a previous post and earlier, we're just about there with having potty training done. He even earned Batman underwear by pooping in the potty 5 times, but still wavers on whether he wants to wear big boy underpants or Pull-Ups on any given day. He's rarely wet his Pull-Up over night but we still keep him in one just in case. I just can't bring myself to chance it and have to clean up wet sheets in the morning.
His speech gives me a good laugh as he can't quite pronounce his "v's" so when he says Dylan Van Alstine, it is pronounced Ban Alstine as are beggie chips (Veggie Chips).
He enjoys daycare especially his friend, Alex, who is 3. The other day the babysitter texted me to say they'd been plotting a sleepover at our house together where they'd have fruit snacks for breakfast and jump on the bunk beds. I don't think I'm quite ready for sleepovers yet!
Batman is still his favorite, though he's expanded his go-to characters and when he's playing with his imaginary friends, Batman hangs out with Joker, Two-Face, Kung Fu Panda, the Power Rangers, Scooby-Doo and friends and Puss in Boots too. The other day I listened as he played with his chicken nuggets and had them talking to each other, one was Batman and the other was Puss in Boots.
He's still my snuggle bug and constantly tells us that he misses us, loves us and asks for kisses and hugs. Our cat, Misty, has taken a shine to him as he loves to find her, make sure she's okay and pet her all the time. She cuddles up to him in his bed when he sleeps too.
| Snuggling with Misty |
| Buddy Alex |
Comments
Post a Comment