He's had 3 lessons now, and each time, he's been improving! From taking 10 minutes to even get into the pool the first time, to getting right in but not letting go of the instructor most of the time the second lesson, to almost floating on his own with the help of a pool noodle and trying a supported back float this past lesson, I've been the proud, grinning parent on the side of the pool, so happy that's he's making great progress! He's getting so much more comfortable being in the water and even thought it's cold, he's been a trooper and stuck it out. We still have 3 more weeks (6 more lessons) and I can't wait to see what he'll be doing then!
These photos are from my phone, zoomed to the max, so they're not very good but I wanted to document it!
.JPG) |
| Swimming with the pool noodle 'pretzel' around him |
.JPG) |
| Practicing the back float |
.JPG) |
| End of lesson jump |
.JPG) |
| Likes to air dry after his post-lesson bath |
That's awesome, go Dylan!
ReplyDeleteHe is so cute in his undies.
We're going to do swim lessons this summer (I know it's pretty pointless, but we think she likes water so if anything she'll wear herself out and take awesome, long naps every Saturday)...wish us luck.