Independence Day 2012

Wow, am I behind.  I've been working every single weekday (except last Friday when we left for camping this past weeked) since July 4th, which for me, is a lot.  Since I was only working one day a week and just recently added another day, it was a big change to get up and go to work every day!  I know, I sound so pathetic, especially to everyone who does work every day.  Boo hoo for me, right?   But with summer vacations, a lot of me co-workers have wanted days off and I have been filling in.  So today I finally have a day off and can get caught up! 

On the 4th this year, as we have done the past two years, we headed just a few houses down the street for the neighborhood get together.  They always get a bouncy house, have great potluck dinner and lots of fireworks.  Dylan played non-stop on the bouncy house with all the kids (about 13-15 kids, mostly older boys) for at least 3-4 hours.  When it was time for the big fireworks, he was pooped and fell asleep on my lap within 10 minutes.  He loves the neighborhood kids, even though most of the boys are older and aren't that interested in playing with him, he will watch out the front window in the afternoons asking where "Yogan" (Logan) is.  He still is pretty content playing by himself in the front yard though he recently started playing with the little neighbor girl across the street who is four.  

His shirt says, "Dad's Little Firecracker"


Joe keeping himself entertained



Break from the bouncy house for sparklers
Enjoying a giant marshmallow dipped in chocolate


Asleep

Soo many fireworks!

Comments

  1. CUTE pics! Love that one of him sleeping in your lap. <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dylan turns 11!

Pumpkin Patch

Dylan is 9!