A few days after the 4th, we drove down to Portland for a visit with Joe's Mom and Pat and to attend the wedding of my college friend, Rachelle. We arrived around lunch time and picked up Mary and Pat for lunch at Shari's. We don't eat out at places like Shari's a lot and I was pleasantly surprised that they had a combo meal where you could choose three items out of a half sandwich, soup, salad or pie. Of course I had to go with the option that included pie! Berry pie is my favorite in the summertime when the berries are so fresh and ripe. I had an amazing slice of triple berry pie (blueberries, boysenberries and blackberries).
Enough about food...we spent the afternoon hanging with the in-laws and Dylan was kept very entertained by Grandma. The wedding was back up in Washington in Ridgefield so Joe and I left a little after 4pm to drive back up. Dylan stayed with the Grandmas and they had a blast playing Xbox Kinect, went to the park and got ice cream at B&R's.
The wedding was at Kyle's family home on a beautifully piece of property. The weather was gorgeous and Rachelle looked so relaxed and happy. I especially loved their personal vows and the story of how they grew up together. I'm so glad we were able to share their special day.
 |
| Rachelle and her Dad |
 |
| They did it! |
 |
| Independent Maeve |
I stole these pics from Maureen, her Chi O group shot is better than mine
I think ALL of your pictures are better, especially the one of my little bug!
ReplyDelete