15 weeks
Up to date! Today marks 15 weeks 1 day
Pregnancy week: 15 weeks (Sept 4-10) The weekly picture is on 15 weeks and 1 day as well as the previous weeks. My new week starts on Tuesdays but since I work Tuesdays, I’m in scrubs and would rather take the pictures in regular clothes. So I’ll plan to take them on Wednesdays)
Baby Size/Fruit comparison: Baby is the size of a navel orange, about 4inches long and 2.5 ounces
Mommy’s weight gain: Up about 3.5 pounds now, though according to my OB, I gained 1 pound from 11 weeks until today at 15 weeks.
What I’m wearing: I’ve been slowly trying on all my regular clothes and boxing up things that no longer feel comfortable. I have a few pairs of jeans and a pair of capris that are still wearable for now. I broke out my old ‘big’ bras (yeah for having boobies again!) I think I’ll be fine notwearing maternity shirts for awhile; they are still too baggy in the tummy. But the maternity pants might start to make an appearance sooner than I thought.
What I’m eating… or not: Not too many cravings or aversions this pastweek. I was super excited to go the fair for the food. I really enjoyed devouring some cotton candy, a strawberry lemonade and an elephant ear. And I made zucchini bread.
The Good: I feel a little more get-up-and-go for more parts of the day now. And I can stay upa little later and not be utterly exhausted. Before, I was heading to bed around 8pm but the past few nights I have lasted until close to 9! AND I ordered a fetal Doppler online. It came this past week and it’s soooo amazing, magical and a relief to hear the baby’s heartbeat again. I was debating whether or not to buy one, there are lots out there and the cheap ones always had negative reviews. I found one similar to what they use at theOB office for a decent price and went for it. It almost seems pointless at this point because I’m sure I’ll be feeling the baby’s movements any day now but it’s just such a reassurance to be able to check up on the little bean whenever I have an inkling to do so and for Dylan and Joe to get to hear too. I’ve only used it twice so far, I don’t want to be overzealous, but it’s just such a great thing to get to hear, especially after all the worry with having a miscarriage. I wish I had bought it sooner!
The Bad: Seriously, the nausea. And the night we got home from the fair, I was hit with a migraine out of the blue, instant double/blurry vision as I was brushing my teeth. And the headache still lingered all the next day.
The First Born: Spoiled kid. We went to the fair and he enjoyed lots of rides and fun. And we went Power Wheels shopping to replace the power mini-quad he had that no longer works and he picked out a cool, two-seater, blue Mustang. He loves it.

Ahhhh can't wait to rub that little tummy!
ReplyDeleteI am so glad you got a new camera! The photos of Dylan at the top of your blog are adorable! If only we had that quality of camera back when we did our door decoration photo shoot
ReplyDelete