16 weeks
Pregnancy week: 16 weeks (September 11-17)
Baby Size/Fruit comparison: Size of an avocado, about 4.5 inches long and 3.5 ounces
Mommy’s weight gain: Up about 5 pounds now. I've been reading that I will be gaining on average a pound each week this trimester, eek!
What I’m wearing: Have been having serious thoughts about wearing maternity pants, but every day I manage to squish into regular pants and call it good. I never thought I'd be thankful but I've kept all my 'bigger' clothes from when I weighed about 20 pounds heavier in college and they fit rather nicely now. I wore them post-pregnancy for a bit after I had Dylan and am glad I didn't get rid of them so I can wear them again.
List of maternity items still to acquire:
-one or two pairs of leggings
-skinny jeans (Joe thoughts it was quite an oxymoron, skinny maternity jeans?)
-another pair of comfy sweatpants
What I’m eating… or not: Not really having any cravings one way or another. What I end up eating is usually out of ease of preparation. My shopping cart this week was a little too concentrated with junk food rather than healthy fruits and veggies like it usually it. Not what I would have liked but frozen burritos, chips and bean dip, cereal and donut holes were just calling my name. I have been munching on baby carrots daily though, so I think it kind of evens it out??
The Good: I think I'm FINALLY out of the woods with the nausea. I haven't had any bad episodes in the past week. And we scheduled our anatomy scan ultrasound for September 27th! Can't wait to find out if Dylan's having a little sister or brother!
The Bad: Sleep. I don't know how much I'm actually getting these days. Between having to get up to go to the bathroom, waking up every time I roll around trying to find a comfy position (trying as long as I can to still sleep on my stomach), Joe's snoring and Dylan waking me up when he needs to go potty, my dark under-eye circles are getting worse and worse. And the lower back pain. After a day at work especially, my back is just shot. And last night I twisted it funny and was immobile for at least an hour while I iced it until it no longer was excruciating.
The First Born: He started 'preschool' this past week. His daycare does a preschool program and they had their first official day the first day that regular school started. They focus on a letter of the day, do activities and songs and practice writing letters and numbers. He's been coming home and singing various songs too, like eenie, meenie, minie mo, catch a tiger by the toe and ring around the rosy.
| September 4, 2012 |

Comments
Post a Comment