17 weeks


Pregnancy week:  17 weeks (September 18-24)

Baby Size/Fruit comparison:  Size of a turnip, about 5 ounces and 5 inches long

Mommy’s weight gain:  Up to 6 pounds

What I’m wearing:  First day wearing maternity pants is today!  I made it out to Motherhood Maternity to return something and found two great pairs of skinny jeans (thanks to Heidi Klum’s new line) and a pair of leggings. I’m glad that the nice summer weather is lingering, however, I have no summer/warm weather maternity pants so I’m rotating between my one maxi skirt and a lone pair or capris.  Bring on the cooler weather; I’m set with plenty of pairs of maternity jeans!

What I’m eating… or not:  Again, no real odd cravings or aversions.  I did have a pang for some gummy candy the other day but didn’t have any so had to make do with some caramels. I am constantly hungry though but nothing seems to sound good at the moment so I end up eating whatever is easiest to prepare.

The Good:  Finally feeling some movement in my tummy!  At my check-up at 15 weeks, my OB was asking if I was feeling anything but I was still a little unsure.  Now I’m pretty sure I can feel little flutters on occasion. And sleep the past few nights has been better since I bought a snoogle pillow. It really helps me stay comfy on my left side all night as well as prevents me from turning over onto my stomach or back.
NOT me, but this is what the pillow looks like

The Bad:  Hmm, nothing new.  Still bothered by back pain, and now some neck pain accompanied by headaches. Tolerable though if I take it easy.

The First Born:  His love/obsession with the neighbor kids has been great. He waits for them to come home from school and is constantly checking out the window to see if they are playing outside. It’s nice because I can take a book and sit out on the lawn while he is kept entertained.  The oldest neighbor boy plays ice hockey and practices out in the street.  Joe fashioned Dylan his own hockey stick and he loves to practice with Logan.

Dylan thought my new pillow was pretty fun 




Comments

  1. Your little bump is adorable and you look great! So exciting you're feeling those first flutters :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure are one pretty prego, I love how much and early youre showing this time around!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dylan turns 11!

Pumpkin Patch

Dylan is 9!