18 weeks




Pregnancy week:  18 weeks (September 25-October 1)

Baby Size/Fruit comparison: Baby is about the size of a bell pepper, 5.5 inches long (these measurements have all been head to bum), and weighs about 7 ounces

Mommy’s weight gain:  Keeping on track with the weekly gain of a pound, now up 7 pounds

What I’m wearing:  Have found that maternity pants are the way to go.  They are so comfy and I find that by the end of the day when my tummy seems to have enlarged, they still feel fine as opposed to trying to wear normal pants.  I ordered some maternity scrubs online, awaiting their arrival.  My scrubs for work fit okay until I sit (which I do a majority of the day) and I have to loosen the drawstring so much that when I stand up, they fall off my rear end.  Incorporating some maternity tops too just because they are longer and some of my regular shirts don't cover the maternity pant band as well.

What I’m eating… or not:  Have noticed an increase in my appetite.  Where I used to get by with a bowl of cereal for breakfast, now I am still hungry and have to add an english muffin or cereal bar too to feel satisfied.

The Good:  Ultrasound tomorrow!!  Boy or girl??? 
-Sleep is sooo much better with my snoogle pillow. 
-I don't feel pregnant still.  I mean, I know I am, but it still seems hard to believe some days. Especially when most mornings my belly almost seems to disappear. It grows throughout the day and is bigger by evening but I still think I could hide it so no one could tell with the right outfit. Hearing the heartbeat with the doppler is pretty much the best thing to convince me it's true.  That and feeling little "pops" regularly.  The baby's movements seriously feel like popcorn exploding in my tummy.

The Bad:  Back pain.  To accommodate for my growing front side, I find I arch my back most of the day, leaving my lower back in constant pain. I have been trying to stretch as much as I can.
-My face is just a mess.  New zits are always making an appearance and I just can't seem to catch a break. 
-And I know I shouldn't complain, but it seems my boobs are still getting bigger, more so than last pregnancy.  I would be happy except for I think I might need new bras.  I hate getting them knowing I won't need them after baby comes.

The First Born:  He's had his moments recently.  Last weekend Joe was in a fishing tournament and Dylan and I were left to ourselves all weekend long which is usually fine but I have only so much energy for him these days and we got a little frustrated with each other. Needless to say, I was so glad when I had to go to work Tuesday for some time away!  That probably sounds bad to say but he's like a ball of super hyper energy and I just can't keep up sometimes!  He does make up for it when he's post-tantrum or timeout and I assume he feels guilty for his behavior and wants to hug, kiss and snuggle.  Too bad he can't just be that way all the time and skip the bad moments!


He did pick out his Halloween costume, and insists on wearing it regularly.  I was kind of surprised he wanted to wear the mask.  It is pretty funny when he talks because I can't see his mouth or eyes and it seems like his voice is coming out of nowhere!

Comments

  1. Okay, Dylan talking behind that mask made me LOL.

    Also - tick, tock, tick, tock...hope I can make it through the work day without losing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That mask is making me feel claustrophobic! You look so cute! Love the updates!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dylan turns 11!

Pumpkin Patch

Dylan is 9!