19 weeks





Pregnancy week:  19 weeks (October 2-October 8)

Baby Size/Fruit comparison:  Baby BOY is the length of a heirloom tomato from head to bum. At the ultrasound, it was estimated he was about 8 ounces.

Mommy’s weight gain:  Still up about 7 pounds

What I’m wearing:  Loving maternity pants. Found myself wishing I had a few more pairs, I like to rotate between pants and even with four pairs of jeans and leggings, it doesn't seem like enough. I need to take one pair to get altered though so I can't wear them yet, they are just a little bit too long.  Have worn a few maternity tops now, every day when I try on a regular shirt, I end up taking it off and storing it when I realize it doesn't hide the maternity waist band well enough.

What I’m eating… or not:  In true boy fashion cravings, salty foods have been calling my name.  Those soft salted pretzels have been a staple, I found some in the frozen food section when grocery shopping and they only take 30 seconds to heat up so they are a quick snack, though terribly bad for me with so much fat and salt.  But so yummy. That and candy still. Found that I was super excited to see the ginormous display of Halloween candy when I stopped at Walmart. Bought three bags...

The Good:  Getting the results from my integrated genetic screening, no risks for Down Syndrome, Trisomy 18 or Neural Tube Defects. And having the ultrasound and finding out our baby is a boy! 
-Having more energy!  I find that I have much more spunk when it comes to doing things around the house and once I get going, I want to get lots of stuff done. Good for organizing, doing laundry and general house chores.  It's been awhile since I've felt the desire to get lots of stuff done right after the other.

The Bad:  Neck and back pain.  I'm way overdue for a massage, I tend to develop a huge knot in my shoulder over time and it's really bad right now, so bad that it hurts to raise my right arm and starts a burning sensation in my neck and arm if I make use of my right arm too much.  But I have a massage scheduled for tomorrow, hallelujah!

The First Born:  He's excited about having a baby brother! He's become so independent these days.  Picks out his own outfits every morning and insists on putting everything on himself. As well as buckling himself in his car seat. Both which are fine, unless we're in a hurry, I can never convince him to let me help and it slows us down. So mornings I go to work, I wake him up and direct him to get his clothes and put them on then head down to get in the car while I get our breakfasts ready so he's ready to go when I am.

Comments

  1. Congrats on the baby boy, Erica! How fun to have two little ones that will absolutely love their mommy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, Gran Bebe! You just made Dylan his life-long best friend. So special! LYSICO

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dylan turns 11!

Pumpkin Patch

Dylan is 9!