22 weeks


Pregnancy week:  22 weeks (October 23-October 29), in my 6th month

Baby Size/Fruit comparison:  Our little dude is being compared to a spaghetti squash this week, at about 11 inches long. He's almost one pound in weight.

Mommy’s weight gain: Not too different from last week, about 11.5 pounds

What I’m wearing: Picked up my pair of jeans from the seamstress, they were being hemmed. Though I have plans to hit up Kohl's today to check out their maternity department. I love having a Kohl's charge card and receiving the 30% off your purchase coupons in the mail frequently! My work wardrobe is suffering. I have worn my maternity scrubs twice now but they have a belly panel that sits really low so I need to get some more basic long-sleeve shirts that are super long to cover it up.

What I’m eating… or not:  It's been a little strange as I haven't been hungry come dinner time. It could partially be that I know if I eat too late, I will be plagued with heartburn at bedtime. So I've been having crackers and cheese and an apple for dinner. A light snack/meal is usually fine. I have been really enjoying the apple crop right now. Dylan and I share at least one Gala apple a day. And sometimes we melt some caramel to dip apple slices in! Ah, Fall. I also made a big batch of veggie/hamburger soup. 

The Good: He is sooo active! I really love feeling him moving around and kicking. This morning, Dr. Dylan got out the stethoscope and was listening to my belly. He was able to hear a few thumps as baby boy was kicking. 
-Making slight progress on the nursery. Joe brought out a lot of the baby stuff from storage (crib, bouncy seat, infant car seat) and we assembled the crib so I could measure the railings and height of the mattress in preparation for sewing the bed skirt and rail covers. And so I have an idea what height on the wall I want to paint some stripes.

The Bad: In need of a massage again. Back pain seems to be a never-ending issue.
-I had forgotten how pregnancy hormones affect the growth of hair. The thicker hair on my head is great. However, elsewhere makes it such a chore with shaving...

The First Born: He's getting interested in my weekly photo shoots. I made a smaller chalkboard that he colors and then gets out his Buzz Lightyear camera and pretends to set up his own photo shoot, even putting the camera on the table and using the 'timer' as he poses with his chalkboard. He also likes to pick out things at the store and asks if he can get it for his baby brother. We were browsing the Toys 'R' Us toy catalog and he was pointing out things he thought his baby brother would like.



You can see that he loves to pack his backpack
up and tote it where ever we go



Comments

  1. Love all the information and especially love your little helper. It is great that he wants to take part in it all. Sorry to hear you back is bothering you so much. I can relate to the back pain.
    Take care and give your little helper a kiss and hug for me.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great, E! Sorry you're feeling the heartburn and backpain :( I love how excited Dylan is!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dylan turns 11!

Pumpkin Patch

Dylan is 9!