23 weeks
Pregnancy week: 23 weeks (October 30- November 5)
Baby Size/Fruit comparison: Large mango- just over a pound and 11 inches long
Mommy’s weight gain: 12 pounds
What I’m wearing: Joe and I both got a good laugh the other day as I put on a regular sweater I had until after a few minutes of wear, we noticed that the buttons that ran up and down the side looked like they were going to bust off! I've been trying to make use of all my regular sweaters, however, I think I'll have to get more creative.
What I’m eating… or not: Sweets. Doesn't help that it's Halloween and there's candy and goodies everywhere. There were apples with caramel and toppings at work and of course I've stocked up on bags of Halloween candy that are always calling to me. Though with apples in season, I've been eating them regularly too so at least I consume something with nutrients regularly. Dylan and I went over to see my parent's new dog and we made some Halloween-shaped sugar cookies (bats, ghosts, pumpkins and cats) and a batch of Pumpkin Bars. Soo yummy. I also made a huge bag of caramel popcorn! I love all the fall/Halloween treats!
The Good: Getting used to being pregnant. I feel like it's obvious that I have a preggo belly now. Had my first stranger 'belly rub' but it was just a girl from work so not actually a stranger.
-Baby hiccups? I kept thinking that he must have really great rhythm to kick at such a perfect beat but then considered that it might be hiccups! I read that at this stage, he is practicing swallowing amniotic fluid and he can get hiccups.
The Bad: Oh, the back pain. I have a feeling this will be on here for the duration. Even days I don't work, I get the sharp spasm in my lower left back. I recall similar pain when I was pregnant with Dylan, but it wasn't this bad. I'm pretty sure my job and how I sit all day has something to do with it. Sigh.
The First Born: Has become obsessed with Christmas. We told him that if he sees something he wants, he can ask Santa and we'll put it on his Christmas list. So now EVERYTHING he sees, he wants to put on his list...

Comments
Post a Comment