We had our anatomy scan ultrasound last Thursday. It's taken me awhile to post because I was hit with a bad cold that afternoon and it had me out of commission the rest of the weekend. The ultrasound went well, shortly after beginning, both Joe and I thought we saw a weenie but it wasn't until the end that the tech confirmed that indeed, it was a boy! Two boys, oh boy. We're in for a ride! He was very active and moving the entire appointment and I had to take a short break to walk around a bit to get him to turn so that she could get some pictures of his spine.
 |
| Hand |
 |
| The creepy front view. I always think these look alien-esque |
 |
| Leg and foot |
I was feeling better by Sunday and Joe drug all the bags and boxes of baby clothes out of storage and put together some closet organizers for the baby's room and Dylan's closet. I sorted through all the clothes and decided what I wanted to keep or donate. I didn't realize how much of Dylan's baby clothes were hand-me-downs and were not cute! (Sorry Jessica, those clothes were not worthy!) A majority of what I decided to keep were things that I had purchased for him after he was born or were gifts. Most of the hand-me-downs were so dated and it's great that boy clothes have gotten exceptionally cuter since Dylan was a baby.
My mom came up Monday and we went up to the Tulalip outlets and acquired a few more items for the new baby. Even though this baby should arrive late February or early March and will only be one month difference from the season that Dylan was born, I have lots of shorts, lightweight outfits and t-shirts from Dylan in the 0-3 and 3-6 month range and I have a feeling I'll need warmer clothing for this boy. So we picked up some romper outfits and warmer pajamas.
.JPG) |
| Found this horse costume in the bags of clothes |
.JPG) |
So Dylan wouldn't feel left out shopping, he got a
new snow hat (wearing), a spider shirt (wearing) and some
Spider Man sunglasses |
.JPG) |
| And he got to go on some rides at the mall |
.JPG) |
| Baby clothes sorted into piles by age and type |
.JPG) |
Bigger sizes and tons of shoes
Bought bins that I will put them in after they get washed |
.JPG) |
| New outfits we bought |
It was a little bit of a shock finding out this baby was a boy, I was feeling that it was a girl and wanting it to be a girl, and the Old Wives Tales quizzes I took had me leading to believe it was a girl. But that proves that that's just what they are, Old Wive Tales and nothing of significance! We're excited to have another boy, familiar territory and know more of what to expect. And I think Dylan will really enjoy having a brother with the same interests as him. Not to mention that we'll save a lot of money already having the clothes, baby items, toys, etc.
Comments
Post a Comment