Last night I had plans to go out to dinner to celebrate the milestone birthday of my friend, Rachel. There were talks of a slumber party to keep the celebration going after dinner so since I would likely be gone most of the night, Joe decided to plan a fun evening for Dylan. Being three, he hasn't had many play dates and I still thought it was early to attempt a sleepover but Joe planned to have our friend's son, Nolan, over that night to play and stay the night. I was a little hesitant but Joe assured me they would have a blast and that he could handle it.
|
 |
| The girls at Rachel's Birthday dinner |
I left for dinner with Rachel and the gang at FIVE in Edmonds and Joe, Dylan and Nolan were excited to play, watch a movie and have man time. I didn't end up spending the night but got home very late after the boys had all gone to bed. It sounded like everything went fine while I was away and the boys had a great time being rambunctious and got along fine. We had pancakes and bacon for breakfast and the boys played for a bit before it was time to go home. I think it was a successful first sleepover. Of course, Nolan is seven so he's had experience with sleepovers before. I'd never try it with another three or four year old. And I think it's going to be awhile before Dylan sleeps over at another friends house. But Dylan really enjoyed having a friend over. It was also great to see and realize that Dylan and Nolan are almost four years apart and how well they got along, that will be similar to the age spread of Dylan and his little brother.
 |
| Nolan and Dylan had fun with their Nerf guns |
Comments
Post a Comment