Richland trip

What a great weekend for a trip to Eastern Washington. Couldn't have asked for nicer weather. We had been trying to make a trip over to Richland to see my Grandma but scheduling had been an issue. But a few weeks ago, my Grandma fell down her stairs and fractured four vertebrae in her back and we decided it was best to get over there sooner than later. We headed out after I got home from a shortened day at work on Friday and were on the road by 3pm. My parents were leaving from Northgate so we met up on the road in Yakima for dinner at Miner's Burger. It's a pretty well-known local restaurant the has burgers literally the size of my head!

We made it to her house late Friday night and unpacked before heading to bed. We woke up Saturday to a chilly morning but it was bright and sunny. My Grandma has been in a rehabilitation center since her fall so I headed to the store to get some food items for while we were there. We made eggs, bacon and toast for breakfast and when my Dad was back from visiting Grandma, he, Dylan and my mom went to pick up donuts at the SpudNut shop (a local donut shop that is a must when we go there). After breakfast, we all headed to see my Grandma. Before heading to lunch, Dylan and Joe spent some time riding bikes and playing sports in the yard. It was so nice out, we all enjoyed playing in the sun.






Love his face when he was swinging

I wandered around the house and admired all her gorgeous rose
bushes and fruits and veggies in her garden

Beautiful concord grapes
We all decided to go out for lunch together before separating so the guys could do their thing and my mom and I could go to the fabric store.  We ate at Quizno's and then my mom and I spent the next almost two hours at Jo-Ann fabric trying to pick out fabric for the baby's nursery.  I had decided that this time around, I didn't want to do a "theme" but wanted to just find a color combination I liked and stick with it. After putting so much into Dylan's jungle-themed nursery and then realizing once he was two he had outgrown it (which was fine since we had moved and had to start over anyway), I thought it would be easier to not do a 'baby' theme so that whatever we did would last until toddler-hood or older. Especially since most of the boy themed nurseries are either jungle, car/truck, sports or zoo.  Doesn't leave much to choose from. We had found a blue/brown/turquoise/white patterned fabric and two coordinating other fabrics and were trying to decided how much to get of each (for a dust ruffle, crib rail covers and possibly a curtain) when my mom looked at her ad and saw that all nursery print fabrics were on sale. We hadn't even looked at that section, only in the quilting fabric department. I was so excited to find another super cute fabric that was less blue. Another thing I didn't want was a typical "boy" blue room. So it was great to find a teal/orange/white/brown pattern. Now will be the hard part, the sewing. I have sewn a few things in my lifetime but nothing that involves as much as this will. But my mom is going to help me so hopefully it all turns out!

That night we made Papa Murphy's pizza so we could be home to watch the Husky game. The next morning, we were up and packed and stopped by to see Grandma before we left.
Grandma's house
My dad and I
Seeing Grandma before we headed home

He wanted to help drive
Joe let him steer around the parking lot

Easy rider
He watched 2.5 movies before falling asleep



Comments

  1. I love that last photo - 4 generations - how special. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dylan turns 11!

Pumpkin Patch

Dylan is 9!