24 weeks
Pregnancy week: 24 weeks (November 6th-November 12)
Baby Size/Fruit comparison: Baby has gained about 4 ounces since last week, putting him slightly over a pound. And he's about the length of an ear of corn, just about a foot long.
Mommy’s weight gain: The scale keeps creeping up. After my OB appointment last week, I've been trying to watch my diet, but am still up more than usual this week, now at 14.5 pounds.
What I’m wearing: Found two more sweaters and a basic long-sleeve white shirt at Target this past week. Getting more satisfied with my options of what to wear each day.
What I’m eating… or not: Attempting to eat better, less sweets and crap. But it's hard with the massive amounts of Halloween candy at home. More fruits and veggies are on my grocery list this week. And I've noticed my cravings always seem to be unhealthy foods, I swear I think about pepperoni pizza and fried chicken on a regular basis.
The Good: Making progress on the nursery. Started painting and I started sewing. And we have gotten back to discussing names again. It seems that there are just so many fewer boy names than girl names to choose from. I think we're getting closer though, have been referring to him by a few names to see what they sound like.
The Bad: Yet another issue. Carpal Tunnel. At night I was noticing that when I'd sleep on my sides, my hands would always go numb. I was waking up lying on my back constantly which is not recommended since it can restrict blood flow to the baby and back up to my heart. I had read about pregnancy-induced carpal tunnel and I'm pretty sure that's what it is. Always is present at night and when I wake up, my hands and wrists feel completely weak. I have some wrist braces that I try to wear to sleep and have adjusted my sleeping to sleep propped up so that if I do sleep on my back, it's not flat on my back.
The First Born: He was so cute last night as I was putting him to bed. We did our usual nighttime routine, jammies, brush teeth, read some books, then I cuddle with him in his bed and he sings me Twinkle, Twinkle and the ABC's before we say goodnight. As we said our usual goodnights, he added, "Gank gou for giving me my baby brudder in your tummy." It was so sweet. And then he said goodnight to the baby, "Goodnight baby brudder in my Mom's tummy." It was out of the blue and so sweet that he thanked me for his brother. He is getting more and more excited and asks me all the time when his brother is going to come out.
As we've been visiting the fabric store recently, I've been letting him pick out crafts to do at home. This time he picked out a bird house to paint. The paint I bought was a disappointment, only four of the eight or so colors weren't dried up! But he enjoyed painting the house for the birds anyway.

I about died when I read what Dylan said about his baby brother. That is so adorable and beyond sweet. I can't wait for him to come out, too!
ReplyDelete