25 weeks
![]() |
| Don't know if you can tell, but I wasn't feeling so well |
Pregnancy week: 25 weeks (November 13-November 19)
Baby Size/Fruit comparison: He's now over a foot long, 13.5 inches, and weighs 1.5 pounds. Roughly the size of a rutabaga? Whatever that is...
Mommy’s weight gain: I guess I'm not doing so well with the recommended 'gradual' weight gain of a pound a week. Up 15-16 pounds this week, ugh. And it's only going to get worse with the holidays approaching...
What I’m wearing: Sad realization this week that my normal work scrubs need to be put into retirement. With the drawstring completely undone, the fabric just barely stretches around my tummy. Maternity scrubs it is.
And once I know I'm done being out and about for the day, I promptly change into yoga pants, sweats or pj bottoms. My belly likes to be free! I feel like I'm definitely bigger this time around than I was at the same point with Dylan. Unfortunately, I didn't take belly pictures regularly with him or weigh myself so it's harder to compare.
![]() |
| 25 weeks with Dylan, and not as good of a picture! |
What I’m eating… or not: It's getting more and more difficult to want to eat at the end of the day. I've had a few bouts with some bad heartburn and I know that the closer I eat to bedtime, the more likely it will occur.
The Good: Luckily, I think I became aware of the carpal tunnel at night and have been able to adjust my sleep positions because it hasn't been bothering me too much!
-He is such a mover! It's great when I'm relaxing in the evenings and I can pull up my shirt and watch my belly bounce and jolt. Dylan was resting his head on my tummy the other morning, he thought he could hear baby "talking", and he kicked right where Dylan's face was!
-He is such a mover! It's great when I'm relaxing in the evenings and I can pull up my shirt and watch my belly bounce and jolt. Dylan was resting his head on my tummy the other morning, he thought he could hear baby "talking", and he kicked right where Dylan's face was!
The Bad: I hate cold and flu season. I've been lucky enough to not get the flu for as long as I can remember, I've always gotten my flu shot. But there's no way to prevent colds. I have one right now, started with a sore throat two days ago and this morning came the full-on congestion, sinus pressure, ear pressure and misery. And of course, there's few medications preggers women can take. So I just have to suffer.
-Oh the back pain. It's going to be a long remaining 14 weeks.
-And I can tell my uterus is ever expanding, I've felt some very uncomfortable stretching going on, along with the Braxton Hicks contractions that can get pretty bad on occasion.
-Oh the back pain. It's going to be a long remaining 14 weeks.
-And I can tell my uterus is ever expanding, I've felt some very uncomfortable stretching going on, along with the Braxton Hicks contractions that can get pretty bad on occasion.
The First Born: As we've been making frequent trips to the fabric store to get supplies for baby's room, I've been letting Dylan pick out crafts to do. We finally made it to Hobby Lobby (had heard such great things) to purchase batting and Dylan found this really neat cardboard castle that you can color. It was such a steal- $17 plus I had a 40% off coupon! And I couldn't resist the foam sword and shield for him to play with. He's so great at playing pretend and using his imagination. For a few days after we watched Rio, he was constantly reminding me his friend, Blue, (the bird from the movie) was with him, sleeping by his bed, coming in the car with us, sitting next to him on the couch, etc. He always has some sort of imaginary friend with him. I think it's great he can be creative!
| He was sitting like this watching a movie one day |
| His warrior faces |


I love the castle. What a great find. Erica, you are such a good mom.
ReplyDeleteMary