26 weeks



Pregnancy week: 26 weeks (November 20-November 26)

Baby Size/Fruit comparison: This week baby boy is compared to an English Cucumber; 14 inches long and just under 2 pounds!

Mommy’s weight gain: Glad to see the scale not increase drastically this week. 16 pounds total weight gain.

What I’m wearing: Already noticing some of my maternity shirts creeping up and seeming not long enough. I don't remember having this problem last time. I'm blaming it on the shirts shrinking...

What I’m eating… or not: Can't wait for the Thanksgiving feast tomorrow. I love mashed potatoes and stuffing. But most importantly, pumpkin pie. I swear I could take on an entire pie just by myself. Which is why I gave in and purchased the ingredients to make one at home too. Otherwise, I've really been trying to make the effort to plan dinners throughout the week so I don't end up scrambling to eat something late at night and end up waking up with heartburn at night.

The Good: Almost to 3rd trimester! 
-Planning for childcare when my maternity leave is over is almost sorted out. It was kind of complicated and stressful to see if there'd be a spot for the baby at the same place where Dylan goes now. It seems like it will all work out!

The Bad: Heartburn, back pain. Same old story.
-At my last OB appointment, he mentioned that since I had anemia last pregnancy, that it could be a possibility that I'd have it with this one too. He said I could wait until my glucose test next visit when they'd check for anemia too or go ahead and just start taking an iron supplement. I was noticing that I was really fatigued lately and was getting dizzy often so I just decided to take the iron. I think it was a good plan because I think I'm feeling better!

The First Born: I always wonder what thoughts are going on in his mind. He says the funniest things and picks up such strange ideas and comments. In the car today, he asked me what song was playing on the radio. I told him it was Bruno Mars. He replied, "I don't like this one. It's not a cool song  like on my iPod. It's too old, only my songs are cool to dance to." Um, ok.

His recent art work

I literally was rolling on the floor laughing when I saw this.
I get being thankful for the baby brother, but chicken???

At first, this was a picture of Dylan (on the right) and Daddy (left)
But then when Joe questioned why he was pregnant, Dylan changed
his story- it's me on the left and Joe on the right ;-)

He drew this one the next day
All three of us, with arms too!
But he said he forgot to give me eyes






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dylan turns 11!

Pumpkin Patch

Dylan is 9!