27 weeks



Pregnancy week: 27 weeks (November 26- December 3) In month 7 and now in my third trimester! Yesterday there were 90 days to go!

Baby Size/Fruit comparison: He is roughly the size of a head of cauliflower- 2 pounds and 14.5 inches long.

Mommy’s weight gain: As I have noticed (and my lovely mother pointed out) my rear end has expanded. I gained most of my weight in my hips, thighs and butt last time, keeping up with that this time too. And carrying really low like last time as well. Between 17-18 pounds total this week. 

What I’m wearing: Still can't resist buying a few more maternity items. I love the pair of skinny jeans I have, and feel like I'm always wearing them so I bought another of the exact same pair :-). And I've decided that I prefer the over-the-belly pants versus the under belly at this point. I only have one pair of under belly but they don't seem to stay up as well.  And got the sweater I'm wearing in my picture. I had it in pink and liked it enough to get another. All my sleep t-shirts don't quite cover my tummy any more, but who sees me at bedtime anyway. It's a little sad, yet handy, that my PJ pants and lounge pants that I used to have to secure the drawstring to keep them up no longer need to be tied any more. I'm large enough around that they just stay in place on their own.

What I’m eating…or not: Thanksgiving was great. Ate lots of food and still working on the pumpkin pies I made. Not good for the scale though.

The Good: Can't believe I'm in the third trimester already! Seems not so long ago that I was still in my frantic, worried state that I'd miscarry again. 
-Little boy moves non-stop. I have been feeling various kicks/shifts up in my right rib cage area. I had thought he was positioned transverse (sideways) since I always felt kicks and punches on my left side and right side but now it seems he might be a little more upright. I have a doctor's appointment today and will ask if it's possible to tell how he's positioned. I also have my glucose screen, yum.
-And I got a wonderful haircut and spent some time with my friend, Lauren, last week. She started at a new salon and even though it's a far drive (Bellevue), it's worth it! She always does such a great job!

The Bad: Sorry to keep complaining about the back pain, but it's still ever present. As I get bigger, it gets worse. I spent a few hours shopping and walking around the mall on Monday and at the end, I felt like my hips were dislocated, my lower and upper back was in agony and my feet were killing me. And then the next day at work it just got worse. I sat with our massage chair most of the evening to some relief but the next day, my entire back felt bruised! Any other mommies out there use one of those support belts and felt that it was helpful??

The First Born: He just keeps getting sweeter. On Tuesdays, daycare goes to story time at the library and he has picked out books to bring home about a new baby at home or being a big brother. And he has been kissing my tummy before bed at night too. 
He is always telling me, "You're my _________ Mommy!" With any of the following words filling in the blank: cool, beautiful, pretty, favorite, fun, special. I don't know where he got it from, but I'm not complaining!

I think he's pretty fun, cool, sweet, loving and my favorite too!


With his mohawk for our family pictures
Doesn't he look a lot older than 3?


Comments

  1. You look great, Erica! And I think Becca had one of those support belts and it sounded like it worked wonders! You should ask her about it! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erica, I feel so bad for you and the back pain. I know what it is like and it is not a picnic. You are almost there.
    I love Dylan's new dew. He is so cute and sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you don't tire of hearing how pretty you are, your sons are always going to be reminding you of what a beautiful mommy they have!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dylan turns 11!

Pumpkin Patch

Dylan is 9!