Happy Halloween!

It's always a double day for us, since Joe's birthday also falls on October 31st. Dylan and I had gone shopping the day before and got him some gifts. He's not really a big birthday celebration kind of person, he didn't want to do anything special for dinner or even want any gifts. But we found him some shirts and a cool Husky cup for him.

Halloween morning Dylan and I made Jack-o-Lantern pumpkin pancakes and then did our usual Wednesday errands, grocery shopping and getting gas. We also stopped in and got him a haircut. Joe came home from work early and he and Dylan opened his gifts.

I used our pumpkin cookie cutter to get the shape and added some
red and yellow food coloring to make them orange!






I had a late afternoon monthly OB appointment so I headed to that while Dylan stayed home with Daddy. The appointment went well, my doctor said everything was on track, except for my weight. He was a little shocked that I gained 10 pounds since my last appointment! I assured him that that was not likely accurate since I weigh myself weekly at home and that morning I was up a total of 12 pounds for the pregnancy and up 5 pounds from the last OB appointment. I had eaten a very late lunch right before I left and was very full :-). I do notice that if I weigh myself in the morning on any given day, and then at night that same day, my weight can fluctuate 5-10 pounds! But then it's back down the next morning. Crazy that food and drink can weigh that much. Needless to say, I think I'll watch my sweets anyway...

On my way home, I called Joe to ask what he wanted for his birthday dinner, that I'd pick up whatever he wanted. He picked Burger King. See, not into birthdays. When I got home, Dylan was already dressed in his Spiderman costume, anxious to go Trick-or-Treating!

When it was starting to get dark, around 6:10, Dylan just couldn't stay inside any longer. We took some pictures and then were hanging out in our driveway as the kids across the street were out too. In the past, we've met up with some friends and hit up a big neighborhood down the street. But with the weather being so iffy this year, decided to stay close in case it started to downpour and we wanted to jet home. Around 6:30, the neighbor kids and parents had assembled, there were seven kids total and all the parents. I was a little disappointed at first, in past years at the other neighborhood, every house goes all out, decorations, lights, displays and pumpkins. The first few houses we made it to around here just had porch lights on. I wouldn't even think they would be passing out candy. No decorations or even pumpkins. But sure enough, the kids got candy. As we made out way around our loop, more houses were decorated and we were super lucky to maybe see a few drops of rain here and there but definitely no downpours.


Pardon the messy hand prints on our windows...

All dressed up and ready to go

Happy Birthday to Daddy






About halfway around the loop (total I think is about a mile and a half) Dylan said he was getting thirsty and his feet were getting tired. He skipped a few houses and then decided he wanted to go home. Which was good because I was thirsty too and my feet, back and hips were hurting. Don't know the last time I did that much walking, and I didn't wear the best shoes to be walking around so much. So Dylan hitched a ride on Joe's shoulders and we made it back home a little before 8pm. I turned our lights on and lit our pumpkins in case any kids were still out. Dylan had a piece of Joe's birthday cake and then was cuddled up with me on the couch and was fast asleep by 8:05. We had two groups of trick-or-treaters before I was too tired to keep my eyes open too. 

His haul
Having a piece of Daddy's cake
And he's out

Dylan said he had a great time and is already asking about next year!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dylan turns 11!

Pumpkin Patch

Dylan is 9!