Thanksgiving and such

The week of Thanksgiving was pretty busy for me. I had offered to bring the green bean casserole, rolls and appetizers to our family Thanksgiving on Thursday. In addition, our office participated in a volunteer project where we all signed up to bake/buy/cook Thanksgiving items that Dr. Weller would deliver and serve on Thanksgiving at a homeless shelter. I had offered to make another green bean casserole for that as well. And I also got to go and visit Becca and newborn Owen on Wednesday and brought them chicken enchiladas for dinner. So there was a lot of prep, planning and cooking this past week!

Dylan and I also created adorable cookie/candy turkeys for place cards at our family Thanksgiving. So I was busy in the kitchen! And even though I wasn't bringing pumpkin pies to Thanksgiving, I love them so much that I made two just for us ;-).

Dylan with all our supplies:
Double stuff oreos
Whoppers
Reese's Cups
Candy Corn
frosting
Gel icing in black, orange and red

Work in Progress

Turkeys! Gobble, Gobble!

Sampling our work
Thanksgiving day, we had cinnamon rolls for breakfast then by noon I was preparing the crescent rolls and putting together the green bean casserole to bake right before we headed to my parent's house. Dinner was amazing, just my close family this year. We all went around the table by direction of Dylan and said what we were thankful for. Dylan of course was thankful for chicken and his baby brother.

The whole gang

Beautiful set-up

I was adjusting the settings on my camera
I love that Dylan sat there and smiled the entire time

After dinner, Dylan played various games with Uncle Brian and Aunt Laura. He played pretend Playstation (the battery was dead), Battleship, and Sorry! Come the end of the night, he didn't want to leave and begged to have a sleepover at Grandma and Grandpa's. Secretly, I had packed him an overnight bag in case the situation arose so we gladly let him stay :-).


Love this dog, he's so cute!

After every turn, he'd yell, "You Miss!" regardless if it really was or not
Dylan plays Battleship on his own terms...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dylan turns 11!

Pumpkin Patch

Dylan is 9!