30 weeks



Pregnancy week: 30 weeks (December 18-December 24)
30 weeks with Dylan
Such an awkward arm pose!
Baby Size/Fruit comparison: Weighs similar to a head of cabbage, 3 pounds and 15.7 inches long.

Mommy’s weight gain: 19-20 pounds. I think this is the hardest section to fill out each week...

What I’m wearing: Had a fun surprise when I frantically needed to find something to wear to Joe's company party last Saturday. It was held at the Bellevue Hyatt so we checked-in early and walked over to Bell Square (nightmare, sooo packed) to find something. The one maternity store there was a boutique and super pricey. I knew I didn't want to invest in anything too pricey that was a maternity item since my time wearing these clothes is limited. We tried Macy's and Joe actually pointed out a sweater that was exactly what I was looking for! Something holiday-esque but that I could continue to wear after pregnancy. I also wanted something long to cover my behind since I'm not too fond of it these days. Joe was pretty proud of himself that he could pick out something for me. I hinted that it was awesome and he could buy me clothes any time he wants!

What I’m eating… or not: Craved apple juice this past week. Had a few glasses of chocolate milk in the evening since I know I still need nourishment and protein when I don't feel like I can eat anything.

The Good: He's head down!  I was starting to panic a little bit, I could feel his head up under my right rib cage, trust me, it was very uncomfortable.  I was convinced that he was transverse, or sideways. Which is not good, he wouldn't be able to come out normally this way. I had read some ways to get baby to turn, one where you get down on all fours and then drop to your elbows with your hips higher than your head to try to use gravity to get baby to move. I did this for as long as I could Monday night. By Tuesday, I wasn't noticing the large bulge under my ribs any more and was feeling a lot more flutters way down low. And low and behold, at my ultrasound today (to check on my low placenta), he's head down! Such a relief. I won't hear about the placenta status until my doctor receives the report. 
-I asked the ultrasound tech if she could do some 3D images today, and she  did! Unfortunately, little guy had his arm/hand covering his face so this was the best and only shot that showed a good portion of his face. 

Nose, mouth and part of eye
Arm covering the rest of the face


The Bad: I feel like within this past week, everything negative that I remember about being pregnant hit. On top of the heartburn and back pain, came that horrible mama "waddle" when I walk, the realization that it's getting more and more difficult to bend over or reach my feet (it was a struggle to paint my toe nails as it is to put on and remove my shoes), fatigue, moodiness, light-headedness/dizziness (close call at Joe's company party to passing out from standing too long), gas (might be TMI, sorry) and the very unpleasant feeling that my stomach is in my throat, causing me to have to skip dinner at night because of the reflux.
-And not to mention, the pregnancy brain. I know some people say it's just a myth, but I have been plagued by it none-the-less. When we got home from my party Friday, I couldn't find my phone. I know I had it at the party so I figured it fell out of my purse somewhere. The hostess was unable to find it and by Sunday, I was panicking that it had fallen out of my purse somewhere between her house and the car and that someone must have picked it up. After thinking to thoroughly search my purse again, I located it hiding in the coin pouch on the side of one of the compartments. It was on silent so no attempt to call it could be heard. It was pretty sad realizing how much my life revolves around that stupid thing. Being unable to call Joe when I was away from home or check my email. So now, the 'Find my Iphone' is activated so this problem won't happen again. 

The First Born: Had a great weekend, with a babysitter Friday night while we were at my company Christmas party and overnight with Grandma and Grandpa while we were gone Saturday-Sunday at Joe's holiday party. He did great with the babysitter, only the second time he's had someone watch him at our house other than family. We were even shocked that he went to bed and was asleep when we got home. Being home during bedtime without us there, we were convinced he'd not want to go to bed without his usual routine where I put him to bed and rub his back and cuddle with him. But he was all snuggled up in his bed when we got home.
-And he was such a big boy when he got his flu shot on Monday. I had been talking to him about it, how Joe and I had gotten ours, and how important it would be when his baby brother came to not get sick. He hasn't had an immunization since his 2-year check-up so I'm not sure what he remembers but he was insistent that he didn't need or want one. I just kept mentioning it and asking him if he was ready. Last week, he said he was so I called and scheduled his appointment. He was not scared of hesitant at all, climbed right up, pulled his arm out and gave no resistance or complaint before, during or after. He complained that his arm was sore an hour later but that was it! I was so proud and impressed that he handled it so maturely. Such a big boy!

Frosting face

Gingerbread house project

He decorated it all by himself! I just put on the frosting and he added all the candy

Comments

  1. Love the 3D image, even if he is hiding a bit. I can't believe how close you are now! I know it's not fun at the end, but only 2 more months until you meet your little guy, and it will all be worth it :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dylan turns 11!

Pumpkin Patch

Dylan is 9!