Elf on the Shelf

Our Elf, which Dylan named Frank, arrived from Santa the day after Thanksgiving. I had heard and seen all about it on Pinterest and was so excited to do it this year for Dylan. I have so many saved Pins of creative ways to present our Elf. Unfortunately, when Frank was introduced, the first thing Dylan wanted to do was touch him. The thing with Frank is that he loses his magic to fly back to the North Pole to report to Santa how Dylan is behaving if he touches him. So all my great ideas and inspirations to place Frank went out the window when we realized we would need to always hide Frank in high spots where Dylan wouldn't be tempted or couldn't reach him. So that instantly limited our options.

Dylan always brightens up when he locates Frank each morning. Though he's become a very honest kid, and tells me almost every day that he's been naughty and Frank will have to tell Santa that. It hasn't motivated him as much as I thought it would to behave all the time. But honestly, there's no way we wouldn't give him Santa gifts anyway, but at least it has made him aware of when he is behaving not pleasantly.

It's been quite a chore for Joe and I to remember to move Frank each night. I take Dylan upstairs with me to get ready for bed and Joe comes up later so I usually count on Joe to remember to move him before he comes to bed or in the morning when he leaves for work. I think he's remembered two times.....and both times I had texted him reminding him to move him and with an idea of where to put him. So most mornings I'm frantically running downstairs the moment I wake up and panic that I had forgotten again or find a way to keep Dylan upstairs for an extra minute so I can run down and move him.

So far, Frank has been on our coat rack, on my sewing machine, reading a book to some of Dylan's action figures on my dresser, hanging from our fan, getting a ride on a reindeer, hugging a bottle of syrup (you know, an Elf's favorite), perched on the TV and on the fridge and dangling from the curtains. I hope to find some more creative spots as there's still 20 days until Christmas!




Frank brought a little note from Santa


Comments

  1. SUPER cute, however I have to say, the thought of you frantically running downstairs made me REALLY nervous. Take it easy, preggo :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the elves! I always tell my kids that our elf must really like that spot, when he "forgets" to move each night. Our elf has yet to make an appearance this year...oops! Way too much on my plate right now, maybe next week. I'm thinking a 12 days of Christmas elf this year. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dylan turns 11!

Pumpkin Patch

Dylan is 9!