Gigantor the tree

We tried out a new Christmas tree farm this year. Joe saw one on the internet that is literally down the road from us, about a five minute drive. And every tree is either $40 or $55! Which is awesome because I'm pretty sure we spent at least $60 for an 8' tree last year and this lot the hugest trees were still $40! It's a really huge lot too, 11 acres, so many to choose from and 11 species of trees.

http://www.wintergreentreefarm.com

I'm not really sure the species we picked, but it was actually a little tricky to find a smaller tree we liked, so Gingantor came home with us. It stood at least 12 feet tall in the lot, the hugest tree we've ever had. Joe trimmed it down and skinnied it up and it's still about 9 feet tall and takes up a good 1/3 of our living room. I'm a little scared to attempt to decorate it. It's so wide around and tall it might take me a few days to cover it all, that is, if I have enough decorations! I know next year I'll for sure make sure we get a smaller one.

Reminds me of the Sasquatch photo


And no, it wasn't sunny out, kid loves his Spiderman sunglasses


Tried to get him to pose in front of a tree his size



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dylan turns 11!

Pumpkin Patch

Dylan is 9!