Merry Christmas!

Wow, did it come fast this year. Even with an earlier Thanksgiving, it seemed like Christmas just crept up so quickly. I had my shopping done early, like I usually do, but there were a few last minute items that we needed to get and of course had some bad luck with one-day shipping that didn't arrive as it was supposed to leaving me to have to drive up to Arlington Christmas Eve to do a will call package pick-up.

Christmas Eve we went over to a friend's house like we have in years past for a great dinner. Christmas morning, we woke up super early (5:30) since we were catching the 7:10 ferry over to Kingston to meet at my Grandparent's house on Bainbridge Island. Dylan was witness to the fact that Santa did indeed visit our house and ate the cookies and drank the milk we left out for him. And there was a present for him under the tree.



Jake and the Neverland Pirate Ship
Once at my grandparent's, the chaos began trying to stuff stockings and make room for all the gifts. It amazes me every year how many gifts are piled, and I mean literally piled, under the tree. We opened stockings then ate my favorite breakfast, egg/sausage/cheese/bread casserole, pastry and fruit salad.

Sooo many gifts!


Couldn't wait to see what was inside



I got way behind opening my gifts as I was so in amusement watching Santa Dylan pass out gifts. He proudly donned the Santa cap and would bring gifts to my uncle to find out who they were for and then deliver them. 

Santa Dylan delivering gifts

Finding out who it was for

It's hard to get a good picture
After everything was opened, the locals headed home and the rest of us made use of our new stuff (Dylan's favorites were his new iPad mini, I know, a 3 year old with an iPad??, his pirate ship and the blanket in the picture below). I got some great stuff, my favorite was my new iPad as well. Dylan had been stealing my phone day and night the past few weeks to play games, so now I don't have to share!

Out for the count
Around 3:30 we packed up to go to my Aunt and Uncle's for dinner. Dylan thought he was one of the cool kids that he could whip out his iPad and be all electronic savvy with the cousins and his uncles. My two cousins also got mini iPads so there were having a blast together. I also brought some stuff to play some Christmas-themed Minute to Win It games that we had played at our neighborhood party.

Fishing for candy canes

Boys and their electronics


After a fabulous dinner of prime rib, potatoes, brussel sprouts, carrots, rolls and fruit salad (soo good), we packed up to head home. Dylan was kept entertained all day on his iPad, Joe had pre-loaded it with great games, shows and movies. He's had it by his side every since opening it, including under his blanket with him when he took a nap. It may seem overkill, but honestly, it's great for him (lots of educational games) and our sanity (for travel, at restaurants, etc), especially after his ipod touch went missing. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dylan turns 11!

Pumpkin Patch

Dylan is 9!