More baby projects

I've been doing lots of projects in preparation for baby. There have been so many project ideas I've come across that I wanted to make and have slowly been completing them. Now that the crib rail covers are done, and I had some extra fabric, I was able to make a Boppy pillow cover and a nursing cover (also known as Udder Covers or Hooter Hiders), as well as two decorative pillows with the extra fabric and all the batting that I didn't end up using for the rail covers once I switched to the foam rolls instead.

Matching breastfeeding essentials

Boppy cover

Nursing cover

If you haven't seen a nursing cover before, it's basically a piece of fabric that covers baby and mama's goodies during breastfeeding. This one is awesome because it has boning that forms a half-moon shape at the neck to allow air flow to the baby and allows Mom to keep an eye on baby. I found one on uddercovers.com for when I had Dylan and I used it all.the.time. I found it essential when breastfeeding in public or when visitors are over at the house. I even used it when I had to pump during my lunch breaks in my car when I was in school.  I toted mine everywhere and wished I had another, one to keep at home and one for the diaper bag. And an extra when it was in the wash. So now I will have two, though the sight of the old, stained and worn one makes me just want to toss it and make another!!

I'm really glad I decided to pick out my own fabric patterns and colors rather than buying something pre-made. I feel so proud that our little one will have a truly unique and one-of-a-kind nursery and that I can say I did it myself! There's nothing greater than attempting a project and completing it and having it turn out! I was pretty hesitant taking on so many projects knowing my sewing skills were still pretty beginner. But after the first few things turned out, I find that I want more to take on!

Pillows purely for decoration

Yes, I am picky and after making a few, noticed that they aren't all exactly the same height
I entrusted Joe to measure and cut all the foam pieces and he was a little slack with the exact measuring
I will be OCD and have to go and align them by height so it looks better


I had Joe bring up the glider rocker today from the basement. We had received it as a freebie from some friends when Dylan was a baby and it was pretty worn then. After months of use when Dylan was a baby, and the cats using it as a scratching pad, it looked pretty beat up. Seeing that we didn't want to spend money buying a new one, I decided that I'd attempt to cover the cushions instead. I purchased fabric today and in the next few weeks will tackle sewing covers for each cushion.

Comments

  1. Everything is looking so cute! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous you know how to sew, you did a great job on these things!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dylan turns 11!

Pumpkin Patch

Dylan is 9!