32 weeks
![]() |
| 32 weeks with Dylan |
Pregnancy week: 32 weeks (January 1-January 7)
Baby Size/Fruit comparison: He weighs similar to a jicama, 3 3/4 pounds and is about 16 3/4 inches long
Mommy’s weight gain: 22.5 pounds
What I’m wearing: I've come to the stage where I feel best wearing lounge pants and a sweatshirt. If I know I don't have any plans to go someplace that day, I'll put on yoga pants or sweatpants and a plain shirt after I shower. If I have plans for the day, I'll get myself prettied up but as soon as I'm home, change into comfier clothing. Maureen loaned me a great stash of basic shirts which is exactly what I like to wear at this point!
What I’m eating… or not: Craved OJ this week. And turkey sandwiches. And oddly enough, coffee has smelled delicious. I don't normally drink coffee, pregnant or not, but I find that I think about popping into Starbucks for a sweet drink or making a packet of one of Joe's instant caramel latte drinks.
The Good: Not sure if it's nesting kicking in or that the New Year made me realize how much closer we are to having a baby here, but I kicked into cleaning mode as well as "get my projects" done mode. Completed quite a few things for the baby's room and should finish the rocking chair pad covers today or tomorrow. Then will need to hang up everything in the room and think about packing a hospital bag as well as determine the plan of attack for where to take Dylan when I go into labor.
The Bad: When he shifted into head-down position, it has definitely put more pressure on my bladder, causing me to have to rush to the bathroom many more times a day now. And at night too. Previously, I could almost go the entire night or just have to get up once, now it's like clockwork that I have to get up urgently between midnight and 1am and then again between 3 and 4am and then right when I wake-up. In conjunction with that, sleep has been more difficult. I would love to be able to sleep in another position other than on my side but I find myself waking up in pain if I try to sleep on my back (the pressure from the uterus on whatever organs are beneath it) and sleeping on my stomach is NOT an option.
-I've found that on top of the leg and foot cramps, I get them in my hands now too. Especially when I'm working or sewing/crafting.
-Reflux and heartburn continue to get worse. I've even vurped (I'm sure you can figure that one out) a few times and I keep trying to get myself to eat slower.
The First Born: Has had a rough past few days, the excitement of the holidays and our routine kind of out of whack with me not working for almost 2 weeks with the fact that I do not feel like taking him out to run errands has left him a little cranky restless. He's been talking back a lot and become pretty defiant and tries to test us constantly. He had gone a few months without a timeout but just in the recent past week has become the timeout king. I hope it's just a short phase and will pass by quickly.


Comments
Post a Comment