34 weeks


34 weeks with Dylan

Pregnancy week: 34 weeks (January 15- January 21)

Baby Size/Fruit comparison: Weighs similar to a cantaloupe, around 4 3/4 pounds and almost 18 inches long

Mommy’s weight gain: Still right around 23 pounds. Not surprised with my restricted eating lately. I even downloaded an app to record my caloric intake to make sure I'm getting enough

What I’m wearing: Had to go shopping in Joe's drawer last night to find a shirt to wear to bed, mine are all too small/snug! 

What I’m eating… or not: Cinnabon sounds soo delicious. Yum. My diet has had to make a drastic change, however. With the heartburn soo bad, even right when I wake up, it's hard to want to eat knowing putting anything in my stomach will make it worse and last longer. Most mornings I go for something with milk or have yogurt or when I am working, can barely get down half an English muffin for breakfast. I had a little relief the past 5 days when my OB ok'd taking Zantac twice a day, but two days on this regimen, I was getting headaches and by the third day, a migraine and then another yesterday within a half hour of taking one. So I suffered last night without out taking it, I am too scared to continue taking it knowing a headache will go hand in hand. It was a blessing because at least it was working! But it was kind of like which is the lesser of two evils, no heartburn with headaches, or no headaches with severe heartburn. I think if I wasn't getting migraines, I'd be fine managing a headache, but the migraines are too much to handle. But I discovered liquid Maalox yesterday which helped me get through last night and my OB recommended I give Prilosec a try so I'll be picking that up today. I can't wait for some consistent relief!
-Another note, I'm usually not a big drinker since I've had a kid, but lately a beer, glass of wine, or cocktail has just sounded good. I will definitely enjoy that first drink after baby arrives!

The Good: We took some maternity photos this past weekend. Joe begrudgingly agreed and put a smile on his face. I don't know why, but he has a very hate relationship with having his photo taken. I agreed that we could take two cars so that he and Dylan could leave after we got enough family poses in. Then I stayed a little longer for some individual pictures. Here's one the photographer posted for a sneak peak 
Allure M. Photography
-We're also looking forward to this Friday. Dylan's babysitter is hosting a Parent's Night Out for the evening where we can bring Dylan for a couple of hours at a very reasonable rate so we can have a date night! It's been too long!

The Bad: Obviously the heartburn and acid reflux

The First Born: I love when he brings his art projects and 'schoolwork' home from daycare. He is always so excited to show me. He's making such great progress with writing his name, is get better and better all the time. And this morning when I was making my chalk board and he was drawing on his, he was creating perfect squares. They had been learning how to draw squares at daycare.
His name is getting more and more legible
He wanted to take a picture with me this week holding the sign



I couldn't resist cropping and zooming in on this sweet face!
Just the cutest smile!

Comments

  1. He is always so happy Erica. You are a good mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love his blow paint monsters and your maternity photo sneak! Can't wait to see the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is so cute Erica! And you are looking great- congrats!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dylan turns 11!

Pumpkin Patch

Dylan is 9!