36 weeks
This is a day late because I was still ailing from a stomach bug yesterday. Not exactly what I wanted to deal with 9 months pregnant! I rarely get sick, so to get sick while pregnant is a double whammy. I did manage to get myself to my OB appointment, I wanted to make sure baby was okay since I was having some pretty bad contractions. I did measure a little small but after throwing up, I also had lost weight too. He was mostly concerned that I stay hydrated enough, and thought my contractions were likely from dehydration. Feeling better today, still feel weak and a little nauseous but the worst is out of my system, now I'm just crossing my fingers that Dylan and Joe don't get it! I wouldn't wish it upon anyone, especially those that I would have to care for! It's yucky!
![]() |
| 36 weeks with Dylan |
Pregnancy week: 36 weeks (January 29-February 4) 9 months pregnant!!
Baby Size/Fruit comparison: Baby is gaining weight daily, weighs almost 6 pounds, similar to a crenshaw melon, and is gaining about an ounce a day. Measures 18.5 inches in length.
Mommy’s weight gain: After completely emptying my stomach and intestines the previous two days, I'm down a few pounds. Was at 22 pounds yesterday morning and 23 today. I'm pretty sure I'll gain it back and then some in the next day or two.
What I’m wearing: It's come to the point where I feel like wearing my yoga or sweat pants out in public- and I'm not one to ever do that. I just don't have the energy to try to put together an outfit any more, that and I don't even feel like I have enough energy to get out and do anything!
What I’m eating… or not: Still easing back into regular foods. I was barely able to eat anything the past few days, sticking with bland foods: bananas, yogurt, crackers and Gatorade. Taking it easy still.
The Good: Had a lovely "sprinkle" last weekend (a smaller version of a baby shower) that was so much fun and every detail was perfect thanks to Maureen, Katie and Rachel! Thanks to all who came to celebrate baby Luke!
-Getting closer. Just a few weeks until I'm due. Thank goodness. The last month gets rough. And just a handful of days left of work!
-Just realizing that I've made it so far!
The Bad: Getting sick obviously. Feeling so horrible and in so much pain (stomach cramps in conjunction with contractions=hell). And now in the aftermath of being out of commission for a few days, the house is a disaster.
-Sciatica on my right side, the burning and numbness can get pretty intense.
-Realizing that I have lots to still do before baby arrives. I thought I was ready but after getting sick and questioning if I could be going into labor, I discovered that I am far from prepared.
To do:
-Assemble car seat and install both bases in my car and Joe's truck (I washed the cover so it needs to be put back on)
-Pack hospital bags
-Put together Dylan's 'Big Brother gift' (I've been gathering items recently to make him a little present to give him at the hospital so he feels special too)
-Wash some items (crib sheet, blankets, a few new outfits, my nursing bras)
-Sterilize breast pump parts and bottles, even though I don't think I'll need to use them right away
-Put away gifts and diapers from Sprinkle
-Put together diaper bag
-Think about making some meals to freeze
-Pick up some remaining baby items at Target, and my new glasses. I remember not wanting to bother with my contacts last delivery and felt the need to get some new cute frames this time around!
-I'm sure there's more!
The First Born: He's been asking daily if his baby brother is coming each day. Especially around the baby sprinkle, he thought that meant he was coming that day! He exclaimed the other day, "Your tummy is getting really, really big!" He also asked the babysitter if she'd take him to Target to buy clothes for his baby brother because he only has one outfit that he got for Christmas. He must just remember the one thing that he helped me open for Luke at Christmas, not realizing the multitude of bins in the closet full of his old clothes are all for Luke too!
Has been saying some funny things lately. He likes to "read" books to me at bedtime lately instead of me reading to him. Basically he looks at the pictures and makes up the story incorporating things he remembers from when I've read it. He was reading me a Peter Pan book the other night and there's a scene where Peter confronts Captain Hook. Dylan's version was, "...and then Peter Pan finds Captain Hook and says, 'What's Up, Captain Hook?'" I was laughing out loud, he comes up with the oddest things.


Erica, sorry to hear you have been sick. Not a fun thing when you are so far along. We are in Florida for the night and will fly out tomorrow for home. It is about 7 hours of flying and I am not looking forward to it.
ReplyDeleteYou take care of yourself and please give the little man a kiss and hug for us.