37 weeks


37 weeks with Dylan
Pregnancy week: 37 weeks (February 5- February 11) Full Term!

Baby Size/Fruit comparison: Length of swiss chard (sometimes they use the oddest fruits/veggies) at 19 inches, weighs around 6 1/3 pounds. If this were true for Luke, this is about the same size at Dylan was when he was born: 6 lbs 10 oz and 19 inches long

Mommy’s weight gain: 25 pounds. I've read that even though baby continues to gain weight, the amount of amniotic fluid decreases so I might not gain much more weight as the two balance out

What I’m wearing: Sweatpants, lounge pants, yoga pants. I did it-wore them in public. On multiple occasions. It's one of those things I very rarely, if ever, do. But I feel like I can justify it now. Or at least I tell myself that. 

What I’m eating… or not: Still dealing with heartburn, back on Prilosec but it takes a few days to kick in, so diet is restricted again. Had a bomb turkey melt sandwich on sourdough the other night when we went out to eat after getting our taxes done. So delicious, sourdough bread is amazing! 

The Good: Baby is considered full term if he were to arrive now! I don't want him to yet but good to know that if he decided to, he'd be able to thrive without problems! 
-We're prepared enough that in the event that he did decide to come, we'd have enough things to feel ready and not panicked. I installed the car seat base in my car, packed a small bag with hospital essentials for me and packed the diaper bag. There's still things that would be nice to have done before he comes, but at least the essentials are good to go.

The Bad: The heartburn again. Boo. 
-Braxton Hicks are getting more uncomfortable

The First Born: Having some temperament issues the past few days. He goes in waves of having tantrums for a bit, then not again for awhile. He's in one of his 'on' phases where he's having them again. And they are bad, if he gets going, it's a full on scream at the top of his lungs and even when he's in his room, it's insane how loud it is. I've tried to explain to him that when his brother is here, he can't scream like that, it will make the baby upset too. I just hope he passes through this current anger stage quickly.

Comments

  1. You look great, Erica! So happy that baby is full term! Good luck and hope you feel well up until he arrives! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dylan turns 11!

Pumpkin Patch

Dylan is 9!