38 weeks

Getting tired of taking these pictures-
hard to try to feel cute at the point!
*Update: coincidentally also my last bump picture this time too!

The last bump picture I took when pregnant with Dylan

Pregnancy week: 38 weeks (February 12- February 18)


Baby Size/Fruit comparison: 6.8 pounds this week, length similar to a leek, 19.5 inches

Mommy’s weight gain: I was right that I'd be able to gain weight back after the stomach bug and then some, 27 pounds total now

What I’m wearing: Tennis shoes. I don't know how these super cute and trendy pregnant women wear heels during pregnancy!?! All these blogs and Pinterest posts about the "pregnancy essential" clothing items and accessories always recommend high heels to help elongate the body and make you look slimmer. Seriously, who can wear heels throughout their pregnancy??? Even wearing my boots or anything without good foot support is detrimental to my hips and back. So my skinny jeans are basically out of the question now, so it's my one pair of boot cut jeans or sweats from here on out!

What I’m eating… or not: Lately it's been pizza. Just sounds so good all the time. 

The Good: My last day of work was yesterday. Kind of sad. Obviously I'll be back after my maternity leave but it just was so surreal to finally reach that day after planning for it back in November. 
-One week closer to due date! Though I have a gut feeling he'll still be in there for another week or two.

The Bad: Had an interesting weekend. Heartburn finally got under control again but suffered from some bad constipation Saturday and then Sunday I went to the walk-in clinic because I thought I could have a bladder infection. I've never had one but kept reading that if you think you have one during pregnancy, to see a doctor right away. No infection but some bladder irritation/inflammation from baby's head against it. Solution is to drink tons of fluids and I got some of these pills that basically look like Easter egg dye tablets that kill bacteria in the urinary tract and turn your pee bright orange. I had been cutting back on fluids earlier in the week because even drinking water caused heartburn so maybe I was dehydrating myself which wasn't helping. Better now!
-No signs of labor. Contractions are more painful but I don't think he's "dropped" yet nor have I felt like I have been in labor. It's a little different since I didn't go into labor on my own with Dylan so it's new territory for me. I won't do any of the crazy tricks I've heard that are said to put you into labor (castor oil, spicy food, etc). When he's ready to come, he will-no matter how crazy it may make me! My doctor said they don't even consider inducing until after 41 weeks unless there's a medical reason so I'm still good for now!

The First Born: As you could see in the previous post, we had a date on Monday. Now that I'm done working, I want to see what other fun stuff we can do before he's not an only child any more. I know it might be a huge change and adjustment for him once I have a baby to take up all my attention. So I really want to make him feel special in these last few weeks. He's been really sweet to me as I ache and moan from contractions and various pains. He offers to rub my tummy and give me foot massages at night. And he finally said he'd help do his brother's diapers!!!

It's not professional, but it's better than nothing!


And on a funny note, discovered he love prunes! I have to limit his consumption and explain to him what can happen if he eats too many...

Comments

  1. Yay...Luke is almost here (well sort of). Dylan is such a sweetie! Just remember these days once they are teenagers and you want to wring their neck ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dylan turns 11!

Pumpkin Patch

Dylan is 9!