Date with Dylan

Seattle Parking....$16
Aquarium entrance fee (with Groupon discount)...$13
Sea animal toys....$11
The Great Wheel admission...$14
Carousel and arcade games...$3.75
Red Robin lunch...$20
Cotton Candy...$3                                     
Spending the entire day having fun and giving my son my undivided attention..........PRICELESS


I saw a Groupon not long ago that inspired me to think of fun things to do with Dylan before the baby comes. I purchased it for the Seattle Aquarium and have been waiting for a perfect day to take him. It's been difficult to find that "perfect" day because of all my recent ailments (long story) and his recent behavioral slip-ups but today was the day!

It'd been forever since I'd been to downtown Seattle and was a little nervous to have to drive down there, and find parking. We did find super close parking, at a horrible price- parking is super expensive in Seattle! We were there by 10:30 and spent about 2 hours at the aquarium. Considering we don't make it down there ever, I took the opportunity to do as much as we could while we were there. We went on the new Great Wheel (ferris wheel), popped into the arcade on the same pier and rode the carousel, played some arcade games and then walked down the waterfront a little ways to have lunch at Red Robin. He has been asking for a Seahawks and/or Husky jersey for his birthday and there just happened to be a sports specialty store at the pier so I treated him to an early birthday present- a Seahawks jersey. We had a great time and he was very well behaved. I really enjoyed our mom/son date and I know I'll especially be glad we did it after the baby arrives and my alone time with him will be scarce. 

Living so far away from downtown Seattle, it's easy to overlook what a great city it is. I know we'll have to make the effort to get down there again, maybe in the summertime. I am pretty sure I've never been up in the Space Needle, so that and the Science Center are next on the list. And we drove past the EMP and Dylan commented on what a cool building it was. And we'll have to do the Ride the Ducks tour at some point. So much to see and do!










Gazing up at all the fish in the dome


Nemo!

















I just brought my little camera, and the battery died at some point when we were at the aquarium so lots of the pictures aren't that great since they're from my phone...bummer.

Comments

  1. Sounds like you two had a very special day. He looks so handsome in his new Seahawks jersey. Erica you are such a good mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erica lets do Ride the Ducks together this summer when I come home! I think if we could arrange a day it would be perfect because I have never done it either and I want to spend time with Dylan- can't wait to see you and your growing family! Last time I saw Dylan he couldn't talk, now he is like a little man and you already have baby Luke as well! Time flies!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dylan turns 11!

Pumpkin Patch

Dylan is 9!