2 weeks old
He's almost 3 weeks old now, but here's an update of little Luke.
He's actually still pretty little. Had his 2-week check-up on Tuesday. He's gained a lot of weight since his 2-day old appointment when he was 6 lbs, 9 oz. He weighed 8 lbs, 3 oz! Still only put him at a 34% for weight and he was just under 21 inches long, which was 35%. So he's proportional at least. But still a small guy.
He's gaining a lot of strength in his neck, is able to support it and look around a lot more. He still spends most of his day sleeping. He has put himself on a schedule at nighttime most nights, about every 3rd or 4th night he has a difficult time falling asleep and keeps me up until 10:30 or 11:00 when I try to get him down by 9pm. So it leaves me pretty frustrated and exhausted since I'm ready for bed! But most nights he's asleep by 9pm and wakes up about every three hours to nurse- at 1am, 4am and then between 6-7am.
He is quite the diaper filler. I don't recall Dylan ever filling his diapers so rapidly, I swear I'll change one, and then within 10 minutes it's full again. Which makes it tricky especially at night when I'm trying to put him down, I'll feed him, he'll poop. I'll change him, he'll wake up and want to nurse again, and then poop again. So I have to start all over. The nights he has a hard time going to sleep this can go around four or five times before he finally goes to sleep! Another big thing I notice is how noisy he is! He's always grunting and squeaking, asleep or awake.But at least this is better than crying non-stop. Luckily I am able to sleep through the noises at night and will only wake up when he wakes up and will get more insistent and louder to eat.
We had visitors this past week, Katie and Jack came to see us and brought dinner last Friday and my parents came again on Sunday and brought dinner too. We've been really lucky to have such great friends and family taking care of us!
Dylan has finally settled into our new routine. His temper tantrums are very infrequent now and he cooperates and gets up and going on his daycare/preschool mornings without a fit. When I asked him why he had been such a pill after Luke came home, he told me it was because he was having icky dreams and they were making him mean. Somehow that must make sense to him??
He also has settled into his role as a big brother. If Luke starts to fuss he'll run over to him and tell me that he'll make him happy and will tell Luke, "It's okay, buddy" and shush him, kiss him, and/or hug him. He is also very good at telling me what he thinks Luke needs, whether it's milk, a diaper change or to be picked up. He's not always so patient though if Luke starts to fuss and I'm not in the room, he'll yell to me, "Mom! Luke is starting to cry, come take care of him!"
I have been working on editing the newborn photos I took of Luke, each photo takes quite a bit of time to edit so I'm getting them done slowly and will post them when I'm finished! And I need to upload my maternity photos too.
He's actually still pretty little. Had his 2-week check-up on Tuesday. He's gained a lot of weight since his 2-day old appointment when he was 6 lbs, 9 oz. He weighed 8 lbs, 3 oz! Still only put him at a 34% for weight and he was just under 21 inches long, which was 35%. So he's proportional at least. But still a small guy.
| Snuggling at the Pediatrician's office |
| Hi Mom! |
He is quite the diaper filler. I don't recall Dylan ever filling his diapers so rapidly, I swear I'll change one, and then within 10 minutes it's full again. Which makes it tricky especially at night when I'm trying to put him down, I'll feed him, he'll poop. I'll change him, he'll wake up and want to nurse again, and then poop again. So I have to start all over. The nights he has a hard time going to sleep this can go around four or five times before he finally goes to sleep! Another big thing I notice is how noisy he is! He's always grunting and squeaking, asleep or awake.But at least this is better than crying non-stop. Luckily I am able to sleep through the noises at night and will only wake up when he wakes up and will get more insistent and louder to eat.
We had visitors this past week, Katie and Jack came to see us and brought dinner last Friday and my parents came again on Sunday and brought dinner too. We've been really lucky to have such great friends and family taking care of us!
Dylan has finally settled into our new routine. His temper tantrums are very infrequent now and he cooperates and gets up and going on his daycare/preschool mornings without a fit. When I asked him why he had been such a pill after Luke came home, he told me it was because he was having icky dreams and they were making him mean. Somehow that must make sense to him??
He also has settled into his role as a big brother. If Luke starts to fuss he'll run over to him and tell me that he'll make him happy and will tell Luke, "It's okay, buddy" and shush him, kiss him, and/or hug him. He is also very good at telling me what he thinks Luke needs, whether it's milk, a diaper change or to be picked up. He's not always so patient though if Luke starts to fuss and I'm not in the room, he'll yell to me, "Mom! Luke is starting to cry, come take care of him!"
![]() |
| When Luke was on his playmat while I made breakfast, Dylan crawled right on and shared his movies with Luke |



Sounds like you are settling in well as a mom of two little boys! Just wait, the fun just keeps on going! We have had some real "boy" experiences this week :) Can't wait to meet little Luke!! Love you!!
ReplyDelete