Luke Friday

Since Dylan gets his own day for a weekly post, it's only fair that Luke gets one too! Little man is 6 weeks old now. He's getting the hang of this being a baby thing. His smiles are the best part of the day. Luckily, they occur so frequently now and he'll smile for not only me, but Joe, Dylan and even my Mom too! Our bedtime routine is working out very nicely as he'll go down for the night pretty easily now. After he eats, take his bath and we cuddle for a little bit, I put him down in the Pack 'N' Play with the sound machine on and wrap him in his Swaddle Me (swaddle blanket with velcro, awesome invention!) and he drifts off to la la land. He's still pretty routine when it comes to waking at night for feedings. He's usually asleep around 9pm or shortly after and will wake between midnight and 1am, again between 3:30 and 4am (I usually do a diaper change at this time after he eats so he's then wide awake and wants to eat more) and then like clockwork, is up at 6:30 no matter what and will have a small snack and fall back asleep before waking at 8am. Sometimes he'll even go back to sleep after that! I'm waiting for the day when those stretches get longer. Last night he slept from 9pm-1am and I was soo happy!

I'm also getting the hang of determining what he needs when he cries. Again, luckily he doesn't cry too often, usually I can detect if it's because he's hungry or needs to burp which are the two most likely causes. If I know those aren't it, occasionally it's due to a dirty diaper but he's not too sensitive to having his pants loaded. He had a few fussy days when Grandma Mary was visiting and I deduced that it was from overstimulation since we were out and about and on the go for those days and he was back to his normal calm self the next day. He prefers to nap on me, but his second favorite is in his bouncy seat while it's vibrating. He will also conk out if I carry him in his Ergo carrier. He prefers to be warm and snuggly to sleep!

Dylan still absolutely adores and loves him. We've never had a problem with him resenting him or wishing he wasn't here. He's a very doting big brother and kisses and hugs on him constantly. I always melt when he loves on him or tells him he loves him. He can't wait for Luke to get bigger to play with him.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dylan turns 11!

Pumpkin Patch

Dylan is 9!