Dylan these days
Not a lot to report but I have quite a few pictures of him I wanted to post.
First are his 4-year photos. He did absolutely fabulous during the sitting. I was a little worried after the past few years when he DID NOT want to smile for the camera. He was all smiles and looked so adorable this time! And I even got him to pose with Luke. Though Luke wasn't so sure about the bright flash and we had a hard time capturing these since he would wail after each image. I wanted to have some pictures of the three of us as well for Joe for Father's Day. So I popped into a few pictures with the boys.
Dylan is beyond excited that Luke will be joining him at daycare shortly. He's been asking for at least a month now when he can come with him for all day there. Last night was the monthly "Pizza Night" or Parent's Night Out that their daycare does one Friday night a month and we took both boys this time. It was the first time Luke was under someone other than Joe's care. Which also meant it was the first time Joe and I were together without both kids since Luke was born! Luke was a rockstar and Dylan was just ecstatic to show him off to everyone.
Dylan continues to impress me by sleeping in his own room every night (this is HUGE for us). And he hasn't had a major temper tantrum for quite awhile now. He's certainly become a mature little man lately and still as sweet as can be. He's also made it a habit of referring to me as "pretty" instead of Mom. I don't know where it came from but I will not complain! It's makes me feel so giddy to hear things like, "Thank you, pretty" and "Can I please have a snack, pretty?" throughout the day.
We're working on trying to get him to eat more. He's always been such a little bird when it comes to eating. Must have a smaller stomach I guess? He'll eat smaller portions at meals and say he's full but then want a snack an hour later. I feel we might have a bit of a challenge in the future if he continues to be this way because I feel Luke will be the opposite and how do you justify providing one kid with anything and everything he wants to eat so he will gain weight when the other will likely need to watch what he eats (since I feel Luke will continue to be a good eater)?
He's becoming so much more independent now and insists on not only picking out his own clothes/pjs/shoes/ etc. but dressing himself as well. He also won't let me or Joe buckle him into his car seat (don't worry, I always check to make sure it's done right before we drive). The only thing I wish on a daily basis that he'd start to do on his own is wipe after going poop...
First are his 4-year photos. He did absolutely fabulous during the sitting. I was a little worried after the past few years when he DID NOT want to smile for the camera. He was all smiles and looked so adorable this time! And I even got him to pose with Luke. Though Luke wasn't so sure about the bright flash and we had a hard time capturing these since he would wail after each image. I wanted to have some pictures of the three of us as well for Joe for Father's Day. So I popped into a few pictures with the boys.
![]() |
| These were part of an extra package I was suckered into buying I didn't order them originally |
Dylan is beyond excited that Luke will be joining him at daycare shortly. He's been asking for at least a month now when he can come with him for all day there. Last night was the monthly "Pizza Night" or Parent's Night Out that their daycare does one Friday night a month and we took both boys this time. It was the first time Luke was under someone other than Joe's care. Which also meant it was the first time Joe and I were together without both kids since Luke was born! Luke was a rockstar and Dylan was just ecstatic to show him off to everyone.
Dylan continues to impress me by sleeping in his own room every night (this is HUGE for us). And he hasn't had a major temper tantrum for quite awhile now. He's certainly become a mature little man lately and still as sweet as can be. He's also made it a habit of referring to me as "pretty" instead of Mom. I don't know where it came from but I will not complain! It's makes me feel so giddy to hear things like, "Thank you, pretty" and "Can I please have a snack, pretty?" throughout the day.
We're working on trying to get him to eat more. He's always been such a little bird when it comes to eating. Must have a smaller stomach I guess? He'll eat smaller portions at meals and say he's full but then want a snack an hour later. I feel we might have a bit of a challenge in the future if he continues to be this way because I feel Luke will be the opposite and how do you justify providing one kid with anything and everything he wants to eat so he will gain weight when the other will likely need to watch what he eats (since I feel Luke will continue to be a good eater)?
He's becoming so much more independent now and insists on not only picking out his own clothes/pjs/shoes/ etc. but dressing himself as well. He also won't let me or Joe buckle him into his car seat (don't worry, I always check to make sure it's done right before we drive). The only thing I wish on a daily basis that he'd start to do on his own is wipe after going poop...
If it's the least bit warm out, he wants to run through the sprinkler or go in the pool!








He is getting to be such a handsome boy! BTW the picture of all 3 of you is ADORABLE!
ReplyDeleteLove the picture of all three of you - you look gorgeous! And congrats on getting Dylan in his own room - that is definitely HUGE!
ReplyDelete