Momma post

It's not too often that I get on here and write about myself. But since I mentioned that I was doing Weight Watchers, I felt the need to express my excitement at my weight loss! It's been somewhat of an adjustment keeping track of my food every day, especially when I reach for a dessert or candy and feel so guilty that I want to "cheat" and not record it. Even if I do "forget" to record it, it always works out at the end of the day when I find I have extra points I can use and should have just recorded the treat in the first place!

The first week of the program, I lost between 2-3 pounds. The next week I relapsed most likely due to a fabulous girls weekend where I indulged in lots of yummy food and went back up a pound (but it was soo worth it!). But the third week I was back down with a total of 4.5 pounds lost! I record my weight once a week on Wednesdays so I'll weigh-in tomorrow again. Based on what I weighed today, it will be between 1/2-1 pound loss. It's so exciting to FINALLY see the scale numbers budge after it was stuck for so long. And I'm so glad that I fit into one of my looser pairs of pre-pregnancy jeans! I still have about 10 pounds to go until I'm back at my pre-Luke weight. I'd even be glad to just lose about 8 more pounds which was where I was before I became pregnant with Dylan. My main goal is to be able to fit into all my pre-pregnancy pants comfortably. So I'll keep up with the Weight Watchers. I bought a 3-month plan so I'll at least do it for that long and see where I'm at after that. Maintenance might be hard if I go off of it but I'm hoping that I'll have learned some good habits after those months and be able to mentally track food on my own.

Since we've been having some nicer weather and I enjoy sitting out on the deck with a book or eating my lunch outside and getting a little bit of sun (with high SPF sunscreen these days :-), bye bye to the days of deep tans...now concerned about the wrinkles...) I had to decide what to do about swimsuits. I have a vast abundance of two-piece bikinis but just am not comfortable yet wearing them. So I begrudgingly dragged myself to go swimsuit shopping, wah wah. Not so fun when you aren't confident of how you look post-baby. I was planning to get a tankini suit that I could mix and match with some of the pieces that I currently have but surprisingly, found a one-piece suit that I liked! Joe was a little shocked that I picked a one-piece but it's not like it's a mu mu. It's actually very flattering and still very fashionable and I feel good in it. I assured him that once I'm down to a more ideal weight, that I'd be back in my two-pieces.

Another big change for me now with two kids is that I've become a coffee drinker (Mom I'm sure you're jumping in the air for joy!). I found that I was so exhausted and feeling like there was too much to do in the day and I was just so worn down. So I tried a cup of coffee one morning and felt energized and got lots done! I'm not sure why I never got hooked on coffee. Not even in college with the late nights and the need to stay awake. I've never liked the taste or especially the after taste. Joe drinks coffee at work and then started to drink it at home on the weekends as well. I got a sample of these instant packets of flavored coffee one day and tried it and thought it was pretty good. And that's what Joe drinks since we have no need for a coffee maker for multiple cups. So now I just boil some water and make a single serving cup of vanilla flavored coffee to start my day on more mornings. We'll see if I can manage to find time to make it on the days I work (which starts next week, eek!) when I'm sure is when I'll really need it. I took both boys to daycare today as a practice for myself to see how long it takes me to get up, shower, get ready, get Luke fed and dressed, wake up Dylan and have him get dressed, pump and then get us all in the car and out the door. Didn't quite happen as fast as I would have liked this morning. And I'll have to add making myself breakfast and lunch to the list and pack up my pump too when I'm really heading to work. So I think my total get ready time will be somewhere around an hour and a half. Yikes, I'll have to get up pretty early! Here's to starting to get to bed earlier.



Only pic I have of me lately (I didn't do my hair that day)

My first one-piece swimsuit!

Comments

  1. Good job, EVA! So glad you are seeing results. When your Weight Watchers expires, you should download the MyFitnessPal or Spark People app on your phone. They're free and can help you keep track of fat, sugars, calories, etc. if you feel like you need the accountability.

    Keep posting about yourself! I like hearing what the boys are up to, but we all care just as much about YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa. You drink coffee. This is HUGE! I've been waiting over 10 years for this. Now I just need to see you drink some with my own eyes to really believe it! And I agree, it was fun to hear what's going on with you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Erica! I can't even imagine what it must be like to get pregnant and then lose all the baby weight- I have a hard enough time controlling my weight as is. I still do my weight loss blog and that really helps me stay on top of things, but I switched it to private bc I don't want all my students finding fat swimsuit pics of me on the internet.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dylan turns 11!

Pumpkin Patch

Dylan is 9!