4 months


Age: 4 months (June 17)

Weight: 16 pounds

Length: 26 inches

Milestones
-Blows raspberries 
-Successfully reaches for things and can grab them
-Giggles all the time now! Very ticklish kiddo!
-Loves to coo, goo and "talk"

Notes:
He's so much more observant these days. He absolutely finds Dylan the best entertainment. Anytime Dylan is in the room, he's watching his every move and is just in awe of him. Dylan can always get him to smile and giggle too. I can see him just idolize him as he gets older. 

He's just growing so fast! It's crazy to see him next to other babies since he's just so BIG! We were at a party the other day and there was another baby who was almost 9 months old and she and Luke were pretty comparable in size. She had probably a few inches over him height-wise but if you had to guess how far apart they were, I would guess they were within a month apart, not 5 months! 

We have been working on napping. He goes down great at bedtime, and has been consistently sleeping great, waking either once or twice during the night to eat and going down for the night a little earlier now, around 7:30-8pm and will sleep until I wake him at 6:30am on mornings I work or about 7am-8am on the other days. Naps were somewhat different until one day I just put him down in his crib when I knew he was sleepy and he just needed to cry for a few minutes before he fell asleep. I used to bounce him or rock him when I thought he was tired but when that stopped working, one day I just decided to put him down in the crib and see what would happen. Seemed that he just needed to cry a little bit and get his energy out. It's not every time that he'll do this now, a lot of the times, when it's close to nap time (currently around 9:30am, 12:30pm and then some time between 2:30-3pm), I'll put him in the swing and he'll happily rock to sleep, no crying. So I've been choosing that route since it's so hard to have to hear him cry!

He's most likely starting to teethe. The drooling is crazy and non-stop. He almost seemed to give up his pacifier since any time I'd offer it, he'd prefer to gnaw on it instead of suck on it. And he's been quite fussy for no reason. The one thing that seems to calm him is to let him chew on my fingers. So it has begun, I think. 

He went through what we think is another growth spurt just in the last few days. Wanted to eat every 2 hours or less and was not napping very well at all. And just acted uncomfortable. Always arching his back and not being himself. He was also waking up more than usual at night. After about 4 days, he was back to normal and looked longer! I've read that growth spurts usually last about 72 hours so I concluded that must have been it.

Has grown out of his 3-month clothing. Onesies got too short and the pants are high-waters. So he's wearing 6 month clothing now. And just about to go up a size in diapers. The size 1's are almost too small but we have a supply I want to use up so we're making them work. He's been having blow-outs at daycare almost every day so we decided it was time to upgrade!


Dylan always wants to be in the pictures when I take them

Best Bros



He sat up for maybe 30 seconds...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dylan turns 11!

Pumpkin Patch

Dylan is 9!