5 months


Age: 5 months (July 17)

Weight: 17 pounds 2 ounces

Length: 26.25 inches

Milestones
-Holds his bottle
-Figured out how to jump in his exersaucer and jump-a-roo
-First food- oatmeal
-Tolerates his car seat so much more now!

Notes:
-He's really morphed into a happy kid. He just grins and smiles at everyone and has gotten even more chill. I think it's really helped him switching to longer stretches between feedings. At his check-up, I asked the pediatrician how much he should be eating at a feeding and how long he should go between them so I could make sure I was sending enough milk to daycare. He recommended that at this age, he could be eating between 5-6 ounces and then should have the capability of going 4-5 hours between feedings. It was so nice to know that since the next day, I waited longer before just feeding him after 3 hours and he went 4-5 hours just fine! And then when I fed him, he was actually really hungry and was much more focused on eating when he used to get distracted and pull off frequently. It also has helped him at night and he'll fall asleep between 7:30-ish and 8:00 and then most of the time, he'll wake to eat once at some point during the night. 
-He also really has been into eating baby food. He is soo intrigued by big people food. Anything I have in my hand, he wants to eat too. He just devours his oatmeal which I am giving to him at dinner time.
-Now that he's rolling over like a pro, he sleeps almost exclusively on his stomach. Even if I lie him down when he's already asleep, he rolls right over to his tummy. It's also resulted in him being much more snuggly and after I feed him before bedtime, I'll stand him up to burp him and then he'll rest his head down on my shoulder and snuggle up to me and fall asleep. He only did that when he was newborn, and then wouldn't do it until just recently. I think he really likes being stomach to stomach now as it simulates sleeping on his stomach.
-He uses every inch of his crib, he moves all over in the night. I never know where in the crib I'll find him when I go in there.
-We're getting as much us out of his 6 month clothing since I don't think it's long before he grows out of them!






Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dylan turns 11!

Pumpkin Patch

Dylan is 9!