Dylan Update

Again, Dylan was late for his 4-year check-up. Our pediatrician has been cutting back hours since he will be retiring in the near future so it was harder to find an appointment time. Plus, I just forgot to schedule it!

At 4 years, 3 months Dylan weighed 41 lbs 6.4 oz putting him in the 81st percentile for weight and he was 3' 7.7" (43.7 inches) putting him in the 95th percentile for height. It's also amusing that this time, they also recorded his BMI (which was 15.24 and 38%) which seems so funny since I always thought of it as a way to monitor obesity and I thought it was something recorded for adults. Oddly enough, it does make sense with the rate of childhood obesity increasing that they would think to start to take a look at it at a young age. I don't think Dylan will have that problem any time soon seeing the way he eats.

He had to get one vaccination, but he did fine. I had been telling him that he might have to get one a few days prior to get him used to the idea. Even though he kept telling me he would NOT be getting one, I kept explaining to him why they are important and he eventually warmed up to it.

We got frozen yogurt as a treat after the doctor's office

From the pictures below, you can tell he loves to be outside. His only disappointment comes when he has no one to play with. He's been lucky lately with the warm weather to play outside with the neighborhood kids, who are almost all boys. The only downside it that he enjoys it so much, he doesn't ever want to come home which results in a meltdown, one from having to come home, and two from being so tired from playing so much! But I'll just enjoy the fact that he does get to have built-in friends just down the street.





Such a good dog

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dylan turns 11!

Pumpkin Patch

Dylan is 9!